Bighorn water filter add on

jpajax

Well first mod to the new 2010 3410re. Will try to post photos. Have found out if you are not full timer you need to take filter cartage out and put in freezer when you get home or if not using the camper for more than a week. It can get pretty nasty with the summer heat. Saves from having to buy new filter.

jpajax

The door going into bedroom was not closing wright so took it down. Boy is that sucker heavy and it opens into hall and against window so decided to put up bi fold door that folds back into bedroom against outer wall. Got door cut down and ready to put up header rail. If you done this mod. let me know how it works for you. When I get it up will post photos.

RoadJunkie

Well first mod to the new 2010 3410re. Will try to post photos. Have found out if you are not full timer you need to take filter cartage out and put in freezer when you get home or if not using the camper for more than a week. It can get pretty nasty with the summer heat. Saves from having to buy new filter.

Is that a standard, for-purchase, bracket or did you fabricate it yourself?

jpajax

Yes it is a standard 24" door it is old one leftover for home remodel. Had cut the hight down width was ok, the head rail was the wright length.This is photo of door got to waite for weather to clear up to finish.View attachment 6866

RoadJunkie

Sorry, Jim. I meant was the water filter bracket a standard bracket. If so, where did you get it? Also, how's the water flow through the filter?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My filters sat in their covered box all summer, with no problems. There were periods that we were not in residence for up to two weeks. But, then we were in northern Michigan, not a southern sweatbox.
View attachment 6878

caissiel

I just did my filter install like JPAjax. I feel its a great neet idea. I can pull out the filter at any time.

jpajax

Sorry the bracket came with filter and the filter came from HDP. Have not run water through it yet so don't know about flow. The previous camper I had had one, didn't have a problem. The thing about taking out filter is if water that goes through filter is not treated wright it will not be safe to drink so I personally don't want to take a chance it is easy to just take it out and put in freezer. But that is just my faddish about water.

caissiel

We never drink from camp water.
My Daughter in law got a virous one time and it took the Doctors 3 years before they found out she had caught it in Ontario, 1000 miles away.
We buy our drinking water, well worth the price.
We have a washer on board, so I use the filter all the time.

SilverRhino

Sorry, Jim. I meant was the water filter bracket a standard bracket. If so, where did you get it? Also, how's the water flow through the filter?

I run my pressure regulater after my filters.....most filters are rated at a high enough psi to take whatever the campgrounds have put out...at least in my experience.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I just went to waterfilters.com I believe that's where Jim B sent me. Got a double water filter for sediment and charcoal, and got a milk crate, attached quick connectors for easy attachment of hose and in 5 minutes all set up. When leaving, pick up the milk crate, set it in the storage and go to the next campground. This mod sounds a little too much over kill. lol