M22 Rooftop Heat

The rooftop unit in our M22 has a 'heat' position on the control. When in the heat position the air never warms up. Also, the unit pulls about 400W from my generator both in 'fan' and 'heat' position.

Is the heat element not installed in the rooftop unit on M22s? Is it possible to acquire one and have it installed?

rick_h

That is for an optional Heat strip that can be installed in the AC unit. It does not come with one by default. Check and see if your local RV dealer can order it in. Otherwise it can be ordered through the manufacturer. Personally I use a micro furnace ceramic heater (much quieter)

RonBB

I wanted to install a heat strip in the roof A/C unit on my M 18 (It also has the heat position on the switch). If yours is like mine the "Heat" position on the switch only turns on the fan to blow the furnace heat around (Says this in the manual also). At any rate after the dealer said one was not available, I called Dometic to inquire about the availability of a strip heater to install. Appearently the "ducted" model units they supply for the Edge 18 does not accept a strip heater. I noted that it had a "heat" position on the switch and was told that is because that particular panel with the switch is also used on other models that do have the heat strip capability. I have been using a small stand alone space heater and it works but is in the way. If anyone actually finds an aftermarket strip heater that will work and has been successfully installed in an Edge I would certainly like to hear about it.