Generator Cuts out

NewCyclone

I do a lot of dry camping and have just over 400 hours on my generator. Lately the generator will run great for about 12 hours and then will shut off. I can go over and turn it back on with no problem and it will shut off again in another 12 hours. Has anybody experienced this before or know where I should start looking for problems?

Manke3010

Given that many hours, how has your routine maintenance been on the gen? Changing oil and oil filter as per manufacturers guidelines? Have you checked/cleaned/replaced the air filter?

As far as what I would personally guess, perhaps your gas line could be loose. I'd check the connection and tightness at the gas tank, and at the gen.
When it shuts off, does it by chance show any codes when you pull the lid off of it?

I had a strange issue with mine cutting out as well, but different from your experience. Had itinthe shop recently for other things, but they rerouted the gas line in hopes that it would resolve it or at least prevent any rubbing from the line sagging down. Do keep us posted on a fix when you figure it out.

lwmcguir

I do a lot of dry camping and have just over 400 hours on my generator. Lately the generator will run great for about 12 hours and then will shut off. I can go over and turn it back on with no problem and it will shut off again in another 12 hours. Has anybody experienced this before or know where I should start looking for problems?

What brand/type of generator? Almost sounds like you have a run timer. Have you ran it for more than 12 hours continously in the past?