Lights Out!

SueJean

Wow! My favorite font and it's in color - too cool! I like this forum upgrade so far. :rolleyes:

As we near the end of our first year of ownership of our "Nest", we seem to be developing a more and more intimate lighting system throughout our rig. It seems the light bulbs are on some kind of monthly schedule. When I take a look around in the dimness of the evenings, I see that I've got a bulb out here, a bulb out there, hmmmmmmmm.............:confused:

Not a big problem when we're snuggling in front of the fireplace, but DH needs all the light he can get at times ;) He can get a bit frustrated when he's trying to plan out the next leg of our journey in the half-light of our living quarters. :mad:

So.............I turn to you, my "Hearty" friends and I humbly ask what is the best place to buy RV light bulbs. In our innocence (read: ignorance), we stumbled wearily around "Wally World" for more than an hour hoping to find a "secret stash" of them. :eek: No such luck!

Suggestions?????? (please? ;))

Blessings,

SueJean

lwmcguir

Replace them with LED's and it will be the last time you will need to change them. Use less current which is a good thing whether on battery or shore power.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We also went through at least half a dozen bulbs last summer with our rig. At an RV or Auto Parts store, look for the 1141 or 1156 bulbs. The 1141's are what came with ours, but the 1156's work just as well. Switching over to LED's is an option, albeit an expensive one. Several folks have gone to 12V fluorescent fixtures, also.

lwmcguir

For about the same price as the LED upgrade you can upgrade to fluorescent fixtures. We have had them for the past 20 years or so and they are well worth it. The were standard on the Landmark but were options in the years past.