how to get rid of mold in the underbelly

I've been using our brand new ElkRidge for 3 weeks, and found out 4 days ago that there was a pink mold (looks like cotton candy) growing on the black carpet area in the underbelly. Gross!
I scrubbed it with lysol and bleach, then took a portable heater and left it on there for over 24 hours in a sunny area down here in Miami.
2 days later, the pink stuff is growing again.
I'm worried it might spread somewhere else. how do i get rid of it, and do you know what caused it?
I dont recall getting that area wet, although some rain might have gotten in while the door was open a few times, not too sure.

lwmcguir

You need to use an industrial type product that contains a biocide in it. Some of the biocide's like Isothizolin can be skin sensitizers so you have to be careful how you handle it. Apply it per directions and it will leave a residual that may/should kill the mold. Bleach may kill it but doesn't leave any active that will kill it when it comes back. You also need to find out where the moisture is coming from.

Hello All,
Your Elk Ridge is 3 weeks and old and you have a growing mold problem. Take it back to your dealer where you purchased it and see what they can do. It sounds to me like you might have to remove all of the black carpet in the basement and then have all of the exposed areas treated and dried before putting new carpet back into the area. Mold of any variety is something that you don't want to have growing in your RV. You will be breathing the mold spores in and before you know it you will have respiratory problems. Don't fight the mold without proper respiratory protection and ventilation. Talk to your dealer and see what they have to say.

How old is your Elk Ridge? What year is it? If it's a leftover 2009 or 2010, then it's been around a while and you will need some help to get that mold under control.

Good luck and keep us all posted about your new Elk Ridge. I almost bought an Elk Ridge before I bought the Big Country. My son did not like the loft, so we went with the 3490 RB because it had a kids bunk room.

lwmcguir

Hello All,
Your Elk Ridge is 3 weeks and old and you have a growing mold problem. Take it back to your dealer where you purchased it and see what they can do. It sounds to me like you might have to remove all of the black carpet in the basement and then have all of the exposed areas treated and dried before putting new carpet back into the area. Mold of any variety is something that you don't want to have growing in your RV. You will be breathing the mold spores in and before you know it you will have respiratory problems. Don't fight the mold without proper respiratory protection and ventilation. Talk to your dealer and see what they have to say.

How old is your Elk Ridge? What year is it? If it's a leftover 2009 or 2010, then it's been around a while and you will need some help to get that mold under control.

Good luck and keep us all posted about your new Elk Ridge. I almost bought an Elk Ridge before I bought the Big Country. My son did not like the loft, so we went with the 3490 RB because it had a kids bunk room.

Absolutely right. It has to be completely dried out.