Bighorn 3055RL or 3000RL

hertzberg

We've finally settled on Bighorn after looking at Cedar Creek, Montana, Titanium, Sunnybrook... Bighorn offers the most quality and extras for the money.

We want a 30 footer, but have not been able to see either the 3055 or the 3000 at our dealer. My wife likes the counter-space on the 3055 but would like to know if the cabinet over the kitchen sink blocks the view into the living area. Can anyone with the 3055 comment on the floorplan? Any comments on the 3000RL?

J

jjjelm

hertzberg said:
We've finally settled on Bighorn after looking at Cedar Creek, Montana, Titanium, Sunnybrook... Bighorn offers the most quality and extras for the money.

We want a 30 footer, but have not been able to see either the 3055 or the 3000 at our dealer. My wife likes the counter-space on the 3055 but would like to know if the cabinet over the kitchen sink blocks the view into the living area. Can anyone with the 3055 comment on the floorplan? Any comments on the 3000RL?

We have a new BH 3055RL and love the floorplan....I like the fact the kitchen is "private" from the livingroom...the floorplan makes ths unit seem like a little apartment! Wonderful Wyoming!

Trap

You can't see into the living area without bending over to look under the cabinet. Good Luck in your search. We have to wait until spring but the 3055RL is at the top of our short list.

Trap

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Bighorn 3055RL

We have a new Bighorn 3055RL and just came back from the maiden voyage of about 11 days. We love the floorplan and lots of storage space. The cabinets over the kitchen sink haven't been a noticeable problem. I think they designed the size and location of them very well. They don't seem to interfere when doing dishes as many other trailers do. We also have the optional flip up Corian counter extension which we haven't used yet. So far there has been plenty of counter space.

DennisZ

W're out on our third trip with our new 3055RL and just love it. The floor plan is great, and giv you a lot of kitchen and living area. Good luck with your desision, eithr way you'll be happy.

hertzberg

We'll, we pulled the trigger on a 3055. I think the floor plan will work well for us. The 3000RL is rare (I only found 2 in the midwest/east) and unpopular, and I'm told it's being discontinued.

We asked the dealer to wait a few months and order later this year so we take delivery in time for next season. I'm not sure I can wait that long, but it gives me time to look for a truck!!

jbeletti

hertzberg,

Congrats on the factory order. I did like you did but my order was placed a little later. Took delivery on April 2nd of 2005 and got the benefit of new model changes.

The wait's going to be tough on you since it's still camping season everywhere. Welcome to the Support Group :)

DJBirk

Just wanted to say congrats on your 3055 purchase. My wife and I also wanted a 30 foot trailer and decided on the 3055 for all the ammenities etc., even though the 3055 is listed as 33 ft. 7 in. trailer. That must be living space because when I put a tape measure to the exterior front to back ( not counting the ladder ) the coach measures approx. 35 feet. I'm thinking the 3055 must be 305.5 sq. feet of living space, but not sure. Maybe Jim or Scott have another explanation for these numbers.