3010 Bathroom Vent ? Backwards

watchthebox

We just took delivery of our new 2011 Cyclone 3010. We like it a lot and look forward to taking it on it's maiden voyage this weekend!

Having had it for a few days now, we have found a couple problems so far. One, about a third of the screws holding the beaver tail boxes to the floor are broken, or break with a flick of my fingernail. It appears that the factory installer had his torque setting too high and/or they used cheap screws. Second, and I guess I'm not certain this is a problem, but it seems to be, is that the bathroom vent cover appears to be installed backwards in that it opens up so that the lifted edge and opening faces forward. That doesn't seem right, does it?

Thanks for any input.

porthole

Retired
As long as it has to come out consider replacing it with a Fantastic fan.

The one I used in our bathroom is reversible, has the rain sensor, multi speed and much quieter then the supplied fan.

And since the bathroom is not as tall as the rest of the trailer you can easily get at all the controls.

watchthebox

Good point. I was thinking the same. I wonder how hard it is to install a Fantastic Fan oneself? It doesn't seem like it would be too hard. I wonder if I should put on some vent covers too while I'm at it?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I installed a fantastic fan in the bathroom. The hardest part was removing the caulk from around the old fan. I was able to snake a wire through the ceiling and down to where the light switch is and replaced it with a two gang switch. Now I have a light switch and fan switch. Like porthole said the ceiling is low enough so I can put the fan in manual mode and only open it an inch or two if needed in the rain.

Peace
Dave