New Recliners?

kseagle

We have a 2011 3250TS and find the recliners to be less than optimal. They are rocker, swivel, recliners. The biggest problem is that they will not recline and hold position--the springs tension tries to return to the upright position so you are constantly fighting it. Also, since they are not "wall huggers" they have to be moved out at least 33" in order to recline without hitting the blinds. This is difficult because of the weight of the chairs. It would seem that if you could find wall huggers that were 30" or less deep they would not have to be moved or swiveled to put in the slides. Has anyone replaced the recliners in your BC and if so, with which recliners? Thanks, Karen

Two Hands

The CEO/Navigator and I had the same problem about two years ago with the recliners in our 2007 Big Horn 3055RL. I measured the maximum width to clear the slide and then searched the Lazy Boy web site. There were five recliners that would fit and a nearby dealer had all of them on display. The CEO chose the appropriate color and fabric to match the decor in our Big Horn. We have been very happy with them.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We gave our son the recliners that came in our rig and bought Euro chairs. Best move we every did.

Attachments

• DSCN1266.jpg
    DSCN1266.jpg
    775.2 KB · Views: 260

rjr6150

Sold our recliners last fall and bought two Lazy boys much easier of move around better quality and most important wife loves them.

kinzu

We found recliners made by best chair .....the had a smaller type that worked for us....they are a well built chair at a reasonable price...i rate them as good or better than lazyboy best chair co kinzu

MJordan

"PA n MA s"
Is best chair the comapny name?
We're looking for some new recliners and want wall huggers if possible.
We found recliners made by best chair .....the had a smaller type that worked for us....they are a well built chair at a reasonable price...i rate them as good or better than lazyboy best chair co kinzu

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We found some chairs made by Lambert's near Elkhart. They are a small Amish company that will custom build chairs for you. We were only looking and did not buy but will likely get a pair of chairs this year when we return for the rally.

kkamshop

Just ordered a pair of La-z-boy wall-away recliners - the style is LYLE and we got the Driftwood color leather.

These do not rock or swivel, but that just means they will ride better without rubbing each other. We are bad, we don't use the tiedowns!

ChopperBill

I never figured out why trailer manufacture did not use the "wall away" chairs. I just make sense. We are pretty pleased with the ones that came with our unit but will admit "wall away" would be far better. They don't hold there positions too well, and swivel too easily but I cant figure how to tighten them up.

jbeletti

We found some chairs made by Lambert's near Elkhart. They are a small Amish company that will custom build chairs for you. We were only looking and did not buy but will likely get a pair of chairs this year when we return for the rally.

Jay - you may mean "Lambright" - the guy who makes the glider seating? Neat stuff.

Last edited:

jbeletti

I never figured out why trailer manufacture did not use the "wall away" chairs. I just make sense. We are pretty pleased with the ones that came with our unit but will admit "wall away" would be far better. They don't hold there positions too well, and swivel too easily but I cant figure how to tighten them up.

Bill,

I can't say with certainty, but my sense is cost. For example, my Lazy Boy "Reclina-Way" chairs were $700 each. About $100 or so of that was a 2 level fabric upgrade. Plus, you lose rocker and swivel. Some people will never give up either rocker or swivel. For us, having the wall-hugger style that the Lazy Boy Reclina-Way feature gives was more important that rocker-swivel.

Jim

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Jim, you're right. I have slept since we shopped there and I didn't remember the correct name. They do some really nice work there.

ChopperBill

We swapped our recliners from the small slide to the large slide. Couch works great in the small slide and there is no need to switch them when we bring the slides in. Took the kitchen table and moved it 90 degrees and took out two chairs. Lots more room for the recliners with table between. But, the recliners swivel so easy that you can bang against the tables. Anyone know how to tighten the swivel up or even disable it?

ihsolutions

Finally, some folks who agree that these chairs are horrendous. They look nice, but that's where it ends. I don't blame Heartland though. For their purposes it's a great chair ... looks nice, feels nice at first, and not many people would give thought to the lack of livability they present.

Still wish I could go back and order the ($500) recliner delete credit....

Bob Vaughn

I thought I could put sliders on mine but when I turned them over I found a large round ring made of steel....I was thinking of cutting a piece of ply wood and attatch that to the ring then put sliders on that....I cannot move them with out great difficulty...My wife cannot....Our unit was the show model at the rv show and when we took delivery during our PDI I did not notice that the window blind slat had been broken by the chair.....

Dee_Jay

I so agree with you and I have fought over and over trying to move them. I think I need to start looking around for some new ones as well. I love the chairs but just dont think they are practical in our unit. Also when I finally did get one moved I noticed indenttations in the laminate looking linoleum that they sit on. Not impressed at all.

floridarandy

David & Karen -

I think most everyone has considered replacing recliners (and mattresses for that matter :)). We found a solution that works great for us here. Saw these at the RV Supershow in Tampa and bought them from these folks. Even though they're just an hour up the road from us they drop ship all over the country from several manufacturers warehouses. EZ to assemble. Very EZ to move around...foot rest stows snuggly updside down on top of chair when we're moving, thus leaving more room between charis for storage. We enjoy the ability to recline and swivel with the foot rest moved wherever it feels best or eliminated if we're playing cards between the chairs.

This table then completed the job. Good luck with your solution.

Randy and Karen

We have a 2011 3250TS and find the recliners to be less than optimal. They are rocker, swivel, recliners. The biggest problem is that they will not recline and hold position--the springs tension tries to return to the upright position so you are constantly fighting it. Also, since they are not "wall huggers" they have to be moved out at least 33" in order to recline without hitting the blinds. This is difficult because of the weight of the chairs. It would seem that if you could find wall huggers that were 30" or less deep they would not have to be moved or swiveled to put in the slides. Has anyone replaced the recliners in your BC and if so, with which recliners? Thanks, Karen

Last edited:

Bob Vaughn

Floridaandy we got 2 chairs on Saturday from Mike at Chairland We got our old ones out with much difficulty. The new recliners will be much easier to move around.....another thing these stay reclined when I recline, the ones that were in there would not, plus they would swivel without being touched...

floridarandy

Bob - glad you enjoy them. we've had ours for several months and continue to find them just what we were looking for.
Floridaandy we got 2 chairs on Saturday from Mike at Chairland We got our old ones out with much difficulty. The new recliners will be much easier to move around.....another thing these stay reclined when I recline, the ones that were in there would not, plus they would swivel without being touched...