It's Here!

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Well, our new 3450TS was delivered this morning! We are excited to say the least! On the downside, I was not able to do the complete PDI I had hoped for as I am recovering from an arm surgery and sporting a giant cast and sling. Zero mobility for 6 weeks! It was an accident injury and simply bad timing.

Anyway, I was able to go out and do a quick PDI for the easy things. It is still freezing here so the rig is still winterized meaning I couldn't check out the plumbing.

Overall it arrived in good shape albeit very dirty from the 2600 mile trip from Ohio.

First issue...hydraulic pump wouldn't work. Discovered a nut had fallen off the pump ground cord and it was laying unhooked.

Second issue...a hydraulic line was hanging down under the slide. Apparently the support bracket that holds the flex tubing had come loose...saw the screws pulled out of the slide. I can easily fix when I am recovered.

Third issue...one kitchen cabinet door is quite warped and splitting in the front. I hope they will replace this door for me! Ashame to have such a beautiful kitchen with that one bad looking door!

Fourth issue...a lot of the wood filler was not done evenly meaning it looks great along the seams until you see an inch or two with no filler.

Fifth issue...the facia above the refridgerator is pulling apart on the top horizontal piece. Not sure how
I will fix that.

Sixth issue...lots of sawdust/insulation/foam laying all over. Looks like it dropped from the ceilings onto the counters etc. Not really an issue if this is normal for a new rig.

Seventh issue...the base of that wrought iron case at the end of the kitchen counter is loose from the floor. Not sure how to remedy that one yet either.

Anyway, relatively minor issues so far. I will report back after the weather improves, I improve, and I get to check the plumbing.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Good Luck with your new rig, get those issue resolved and have a great time!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulation on your toy!!! Of course getting a new rig in the depth of winter is hard, especially checking the H2O lines/pumps but the issues inside could be address now. For the problem of lots of sawdust/insulation, etc all inside the rig, our was covered in all that stuff. Even now - everytime we travel long distances, we still have sawdust dropping everywhere. Thank goodness I had a central vac installed cuz I use it alot. It must be the nature of the beast with moving rigs. Anywhooo - travel safely and enjoy. B--:)

Jellystone

SJH, congratulations on the new rig (I Think?). Sounds like quite a few issues to be addressed on the unit. I hope that you didn't take delivery of that unit yet. Your dealer has plenty of work to do in order to get the rig satisfactory. Just to give you an idea, when I picked mine up new last summer, the only thing we found was a little sawdust in the floor vents (10 min. of vacuum) and that was it. Our dealer did an EXCELLENT job in prepping the unit for our pickup/PDI. Anyhow, hope the arm heals fast.

GETnBYE

Hope you get it ready to go soon. We had our dealer swap out a cabinet door during pdi and also have the sawdust thing. I am thinking that the sawdust is just a "new unit" thing. I used the vac on the heat vents and got alot out and it helped alot.
Congrats and enjoy.:eek:
Nita