Slide floor separating from slide side wall!

serpa4

3 days after sitting in my driveway loading it, noted the SLIDE FLOOR was separating from the SLIDE WALL when retracted! Ouch. You can see the aluminum U channel still attached to the slide floor with the wall lifting up over an inch or more! Dealer took it in to fix since it came with a 30 day warranty. Anyway, says a weld broke and they are re welding it. Does this sound legit? Service guy said to ask for a warranty on the fix for like a year. What do you think?

jimtoo

First we need to know what type of unit you have, year model, new or used. You say dealer gave you 30 day warranty, so I would assume it is a used unit. In my opinion, if you bought a used unit and it is over a year old from date of new sale, the dealer you purchased from should be the one to warranty the repairs. This is my opinion only.

serpa4

Sorry, need to fill in my sig. Did fill in the profile ;)
Its a 2008 Cyclone 3010 Travel Trailer toy hauler.

Mike Aplin

I would encourage you to contact our customer service at 877-262-8032 so we can help assist you and your purchasing dealer. Please have the last 6 digits of your VIN# available for the representative. Take care, Mike

jimtoo

You say first outing it tore out again. Did you try it several times before you left the dealer after the original repairs? It should have been checked several times in my opinion. I would contact your dealer about the repairs and if it is something like the fascia being pulled loose, it might be just a simple adjustment to the slide.

Check with your dealer, and if no help, contact Heartland Customer service, have your VIN number, call 877-262-8032 and explain your problem nicely.

Jim M

Mike Aplin

Yes, please contact your dealer who repaired the unit. You also can contact Heartland RV customer service at 877-262-8032 for any questions that you may have. Thanks, Mike

serpa4

Yes, cycled it like 3 times before I left and seemed fine. However, it sat for a couple/three weeks before departing for my trip. Extended it for 7 days, then when retracted it, it ripped loose. Dropping it off tomorrow at the dealer.

serpa4

Picked it up yesterday. I didn't bother to test it, bad on me. Got it home and tested it then. still separating and molding attached to nothing. I quick very slight tug just pull the outside molding away. They didn't seal that outside aluminum molding to the camper slide anyway. So, if it rains and water goes down the side of the slide, it will just run behind that strip soaking the wood floor. Going back for the 3rd time.

VTX1800

WOW...same exact spot on my 2009 4012, and of course no warranty... more quality along the lines of a 30K dollar toy hauler, not a 65K Cyclone.