Lighting ?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
When I switch the kitchen, living room overhead lights on in our new 3450 there seems to be a few second delay before the lights actually come on...is this normal? If it isn't, what could be the issue?

SJH

As an Update...this problem seemed to disappear after a few days of using the light switch. Strange...I counted at least a 10 second delay after throwing the switch before the lights popped on the day we took delivery. Now it is almost instant! Another week and maybe it will be normal :)

You probably had some internal corrosion built up in the switch that had to be worked out. Glad ot hear that your lights are working fine.

Gib

I have a 34TSRE Elkridge and found the light switch getting hot, upon investigating I noticed that the connectors used were not the correct size for the wire that was being used, the connectors charred and wires pulled or should I say fell out of the connectors. I had all the Yellow (approved for #10 and 12 awg wire) connectors with #14 wire replaced under warranty. I won't go into the 110 volt side here.

SJH

Hello!

Wow...I started this post over a year ago! Interesting that it was found again. Anyway...for the rest of the story...The light switch was apparently bad. It did over heat and seemed to melt on the inside. I replaced the switch for a couple bucks and problem solved. No more delay or dimming issues.

Best Wishes!