New 3400RL

highrail

Just got back from Lakeshore RV in Muskegon MI with our new 3400RL NO.5096. 1228 milers round trip but I belive I saved enough to pay for the extras I bought. Awnings over the slides, larger hitch, upgraded controler and a few others plus put about $5,000.put back in the bank.
No problems on the way home. I held my breath with those Chinese Karrier Loadstar tires. They are coming off frist thing. I bought a infered temp. gauge and three tires ran 130-135, one tire ran 155 degrees all the way. Want to guess which one would blow first if I left them on?
Stayed near Mears at the Silver Creek RV to check everthing out before heading home. Real nice folks there and very nice camp ground. Next night at Columbus IN. Woods and Water RV, nice folks also. Only problem there folks kept knocking on the door wanting to see the Bighorn. A group called The Traveling Turtles all came over to see the coach and ask questions. Real nice group, real nice.
Only thing I can complain about is the closet door next to the King Bed. Wood was warpped making door unable to close. If thats all I have I don't have much to complain about.
So far so good. Look for Tom, Diana and Pretzel(the dachshund) going down the road. Red Dodge Bighorn pulling a Bighorn! Oh yes 14.3 mpg all the way home even with a 1hr. 45.min. delay for road work on I-94 in Indiana.

Tom in TN

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Hey Tom
Good that you had a great trip. I guess they didn't change out the tires like you hope for. Well the good thing is I just saw that Costco is running another sale on Michelin's. Buy four and get 60 dollars off.

Trap

Congrates on your new rig. We really like the 3400Rl but will probably end up getting the 3055Rl cause of being 3' shorter. For the next 10 years that should work for us. Still would prefer the 3400RL. Best of luck with the new toy.:D

Trap