New Method to Transport with Sofa Moved Back on BC 3500RL

caissiel

We move the chairs to the side and the Sofa to the back, and everytime we closed the slides we had to move the sofa back to the side because the sofa is 36" wide and the space is 32" wide.

So we are tipping the sofa back and removed the bottom back legs and voila it fits.

Sure is easier then moving both chairs back to position in the back.

We will try it for the first time because we have to move to an other site.

Not sure if we will travel long distances yet.

Attachments

• Sofa Position for Travel.jpg
    Sofa Position for Travel.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 87

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
That looks like a great idea. Ant the slides keep it in position. Do you have to check it before opening the slides so the slide facia doesn't get hung up on the feet?

caissiel

We just moved and the DW check the legs well, sure saved some moving of furniture.
We are carefull and only open one slide at a time anyway, the front legs were further back and cleared well.
The bottom legs were a bit of a problem to take out but its a great idea to have a bolt to hold the legs to the sofa.,.

I regretted trying to remove the rear leg until I found the bolt that can be removed with a socket.
Still not sure how to strap it in for longer trips.

Will be looking at storing the content of the drawer in container so they can stay in. For this time the bedding in the drawer was ok though.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
That's a neat idea...just checked my couch in the Bighorn, and I think it might work in ours too! How hard is it to turn the sofa over??

As for securing it for travel, we have tie downs and straps we use for the chairs in the back...that might work.

caissiel

Its a lot easier then swinging the 2 chairs and the couch in the middle of the floor.My DW takes one end and we pull for a bit and then lift it up, The back can compress against the back wall its only 28" high. in a 32" space.

RoadJunkie

And...you have room for your washing "machine" on the left-side of the sofa!

Very clever--out of the box--solution!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
To strap it in position for long moves, why not use the straps that were supplied for holding the chairs in place? The floor loops are already there, just unscrew them and reposition them outboard of the sofa back. Might have to invest in some extra webbing and connectors to make it reach.

We tried moving our sofa and recliners. We really liked the sofa at the back, but the recliners are too large to put next to the dining table with the counters in the 3670, and still be able to recline them (or even get past them). Replacing the recliners is not an option, at this time. Short of some well placed C-4, I'm not sure I'd even be able to get them out.