Just Ordered a 2011 3850...Man are we EXCITED

shriver63

Looks like a broken record on here but we just put money down on a 2011 3850. The 3850 seems to be a very good seller. For you guys that have recently taken delivery, about how long did it take to build. Dealer is saying possibly only 4 weeks. That seems pretty quick. This is our 3rd camper and first 5ver. May be updating my 2008 F250 CC SB 6.4L. I allready have the B&W hitch in the bed for around the farm. What do you guys think...to much RV for the F250? I would be adding air bags or is that just a bandaid for a bigger problem and should I bite the bullet and move up to a F450?

Any help is appreciated

caissiel

Congradulation on your new purchase, these units are great and exciting units for sure.
I do great with my F250 as my signiture indicates.
But I feel the Cyclone is a much heavier trailer then the Big Country.
You will have no problem hauling it with your F250 for sure, but I am afraid the load will be to heavy on the truck.
Funny!!!! how I say this because I usually favour softer supension trucks for 5th wheel haulers.
I am sure someone else has a F250 that are doing the same thing you are asking. They might advise you also.

Riverman

Congrats on the new toy...They are a great looking unit.
We special ordered ours and I believe it was delivered to Canada within 5 weeks!
I think you may be a little shy on truck for this large of a trailer.
They look really good with a 9200 Navistar hooked on the front!

shriver63

Do you guys think a F450 will be too harsh of a ride? Do I need to be looking a aftermarket pin boxes? Would I really have the need for air bags on a F450?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your "home away from home". When we ordered our 1st HL (a Sundance), it took 7 weeks for it to arrive to the dealer. The BC was already on the lot so we didn't have to wait on it. Enjoy and travel safely.

kkflstf

Sitting in AZ in our 2011 3850, it's a great trailer. Ordered it on 10-29-09 and it was built the first week of Dec. so the time frame you were given is probable pretty close. While I have heavier trucks I pulled down here with a 09 GMC d-max 2500, B&W companion & air bags. No problems at all, loaded 1/2 tank of water, Harley dresser in the garage had about 3200 lbs. pin weight over my scale (sorry weight police). Based on my experiance you should be ok. Have fun with your new Cyclone!!

smday

Congrats on the trailer. So far we love looking at ours and can't wait to spring. We ordered ours on Oct 20 and was at the dealer Dec 8 of last year. I to was contemplating on keeping my 2500 silverado to pull it but finally came to my senses and bought a 3500 dually and i am sure glad i did after pulling it back 2600 km. Safety first is how i made my choice. I knew the truck could pull it but i was thinking what would happen if i had a blow out and having all that weight behind me. I want to make sure my family lives long enough to enjoy it for many years to come.

ArlingtonFire

Congrats.......My cyclone went on line 2/2/10. The dealer stated it was being shipped from the factory on 2/12 barring the whole snow thing.

Have a 15 ft pile of snow in front of my trade from them clearing the lots at storage. The manager was nice and said they would clear the snow.....sooo I can pick mine up in a couple of weeks.

dynaguy

Congrats on your new toy purchase!! If they would quit building these things I sure would have more money!! Hope you enjoy the 3850, its super nice, as far as a truck the 450 sure would be the way to go, easier said then afforded most of the time!!

truknutt

Committed Member
Do you guys think a F450 will be too harsh of a ride? Do I need to be looking a aftermarket pin boxes? Would I really have the need for air bags on a F450?

Shriver,

I have a 2009 450 and Cyclone 3210. The truck rides better than either my older 250 or 350; empty or towing. I only experienced one issue while towing across the Ohio T'pike last year on the way back from Goshen. We hit some temporary repaved sections that caused the rig to "porpoise" severely. I had to let out of the throttle and chug at 45-50 until we were out of the construction zone and then all was fine; back up to 65! The toyhaulers are well known for being nose heavy; so that coupled with the cushy rear springs had alot to do with our situation.

The truck pulls great & stops straight but loves to drink!! I did break down and install a 67 gallon Titan tank to keep her refills spread out a bit further.

Hints

Congrats on the purchase! Hearing all these positive customers is making me want a Cyclone more and more!