Bed modification to Queen and more under bed storage

caissiel

In the summer I was able to modify the King bed frame to fit our new Queen size bed.
I narrowed the frame on one side by 12" and centered the bed frame on the center of the slide.
While I had the frame appart I took the chance to lift the front of the bed by 1 1/2" so my head would be up.

In the same time I was able to look at the possibility to increase the underbed storage from 2" to 6".
The steel supports for the slide provided a good starting point in determining the amount of space I had.
So I cut 5 1 x 3 strapping to proper length and installed them on side of the cylinder and slide frame supports.
I used steel strapping and angles to support the frame and proceded to drop the frame by 4".

The following pics indicate the finish product of the bed modifications to our BC 3500RL

Attachments

• Bed Frame.JPG
    Bed Frame.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 180
  • Bed Frame Front.JPG
    Bed Frame Front.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Bed Frame Rear.JPG
    Bed Frame Rear.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Bed Storage Empty.JPG
    Bed Storage Empty.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Bed Storage 6in deep.JPG
    Bed Storage 6in deep.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Bed Storage 6in Containers.JPG
    Bed Storage 6in Containers.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 155
  • Queen Bed 2.JPG
    Queen Bed 2.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Queen Bed 3.JPG
    Queen Bed 3.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 157

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Oh WOW - I love it. Can't wait for warmer weather so I can get DH to work. Thanks for the pics!!! :)

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I'm hiding this post from Ray. He's wanted to cut the bed down for two years. :) Great job!! and good job with the photos too!

lwmcguir

In the summer I was able to modify the King bed frame to fit our new Queen size bed.
I narrowed the frame on one side by 12" and centered the bed frame on the center of the slide.
While I had the frame appart I took the chance to lift the front of the bed by 1 1/2" so my head would be up.

In the same time I was able to look at the possibility to increase the underbed storage from 2" to 6".
The steel supports for the slide provided a good starting point in determining the amount of space I had.
So I cut 5 1 x 3 strapping to proper length and installed them on side of the cylinder and slide frame supports.
I used steel strapping and angles to support the frame and proceded to drop the frame by 4".

The following pics indicate the finish product of the bed modifications to our BC 3500RL

Great Job!