Cyclone 3812 2011 - scotchguard of fabric and carpet ?

jambo.303

We bought a new cyclone 3812 (year 2011) with the sand dune interior and wanted to scotch guard the upholstery of the couch and dining benches plus the carpet.
The owner manual says NOT to use a water based cleaner on the upholstery as it may cause stretching or wrinkling.
As scotch guard is a water based formula we are wondering if it will harm the upholstery.

We have 3 labs and really need to protect the interior to keep it in good shape.

Does anybody have any input or experience how to treat that kind of fabric?

Thanks!

branson4020

Icantre Member
I also have dogs. I've scotch guarded and NOT scotch guarded the interiors in various coaches over the years as well as trying it at home and it never seemed it make a bit of difference. I think its a waste of time.

trvlrerik

We have 2 dogs and cats, my wife is a pet stain expert and uses citrus wipes on everything in the camper (and the house). Just ongoing maintanace seems to work great.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Despite the warning on water based cleaners, we've used 303 Fabric Guard to protect our furniture with good success. Two years and a several spills by grandkids and the sofa still looks good. The dog also gets up there when he thinks we don't know. Our sofa in the BH is not a pattern, so it does show dirt. I usually clean by wiping off with a damp cloth and reapply the 303 each spring. I would be leery of using petroleum products where there is a lot of skin contact. but that's just me. :)