New Eagle Ridge

docburns

Recently I took my Mom and my cousin to a local state park for a 2 night stay. Woke up the last morning and it was 22 degrees outside and I found out my furnace had gone out. A small ceramic heater did keep the trailer about 49 degrees inside. I took my old trailer (2001 Prowler) to a local dealer to have the furnace serviced. They were running a special. Was told there would not be any extra labor because the unit would be out of the trailer. Service Writer hen started inspecting my trailer. I new I had some decay behind the wheels on the right side wall but I just wanted the trailer to last me a couple of more years. He went onto the roof and found a large area that he could push the roof down a couple of inches. I was very upset about this- who wouldn't have been. As I was about to leave and figure out what I was going to do I walked up front and looked around then walked out on the lot and looked some more - never talking to a salesman. I went on home and started thinking. The next morning I went back and looked up a salesman and told him there was a trailer out front I would like to look at. As we walked out he saw which trailer it was but it had bunk beds, We then walked inside and there was an Eagle Ride sitting there. Well push came to shove and I ended up trading the old trailer in. I did inform the salesman what service had found and they still made me a good deal. Now as much rain as we have had and the fact I have had to work toooooooooooo much. looks like I won't make my first trip with it until the end of April.:( The bad thing is I am ready to go somewhere now. Oh well I guess April will be here before I know it;)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
docburns, Congratulations on the new Eagle Ridge and welcome to the Heartland family & forum. True, April isn't too far away.

Jellystone

Welcome to the Heartland family. You made a wise choice in purchasing a Heartland RV. Spring will be here soon and you will be able to take that baby out for a shakedown trip. Now is the time to "tinker" with it, read the manuals, and ask important usage questions to other Heartland owners here on the forum (everyone is willing to share info & opinions). Congrats.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new Eagle Ridge. Before you know it, spring will be here (at least I have my fingers crossed) so enjoy and be safe.

Paul_in_MN

Hi Folks,

Last July we bought the Eagle Ridge 34 RLSA, and thought we got a real good compromise between features and price. Sure the price was more than I first thought I was going to spend for a 5er. We looked at many other brands and saw some features we liked as well. But the Eagle Ridge won over the others, and part of that equation was a good dealer who had an 8 bay shop. Some of the competitors just farm out the warantee work to independent 1 bay shops. Like good luck on getting warantee work done expediciously if you are planning an upcoming trip.

Just today, my wife and I were at the Minneapolis RV and Vacation Show and saw many brands and models. We did not find any one we liked better than our Eagle Ridge. Sure there are a few bells and whistles I'd like to have, but almost immediately the cost goes up by 8 to 10K. For just over an additional 1K, I can add some features I feel are important to us.

The name Eagle Ridge has been changed to Elk Ridge....same trailer, but some other brand of trailer claimed they have exclusive rights to the word Eagle, thus the name change in the middle of 2009. We like our floor plan and the window placement giving cross ventilation in the bedroom and living areas.

Enjoy your new trailer!!

Paul_in_MN

Last edited: