Hitch info requested.

We just brought a Big country 3450. We pull with a 08 Ford 350 dually eight foot bed super cab.
I need advise on a quality hitch that I can remove from the bed and leave no rails that will not break the bank. Does anyone have any advise?
Nancy

PSF513

I have an 08 F-250 that I pull a BC 3550 with. I have an 18K B&W Companion hitch which comes out of the bed completely with only 5 bolts and pulling a spring-loaded lever. Very simple. Very clean. I am very pleased with it.

Good luck

trvlrerik

I will second the B&W hitch endorsement. I switch from needing an open bed to having a hitch 4-5 times a week. You will need to have the B&W pop up ball installed under the bed also. If you need to have a "clean" bed this is the best system for pulling gooseneck trailers, fifthwheels, and having a totally open bed.

I have several friends that have abandoned hitch systems after seeing the B&W system.

PSF513

I got my B&W from Chesapeake RV Solutions (757-432-0222) or contact Steve (steve@chesapeake rvsolutions.com). Tell him Red Mug sent you. They installed it and even showed me how to remove and install it.

The head pivots side-to-side and front-to-back. It has been wonderful.

trvlrerik

The flat plate does pivot from front to back and side to side. the side to side swivel is controlled by a little shock absorber. I ordered mine from a place called Tweetys online. I cant remember the total cost for entire system, I think shipping costs pretty much balance out where ever you get it will cost about the same.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I agree with B&W Companion 5th wheel. Never had any problem hitching or unhitching and have no need for a bed saver.

You will have to have the turn over ball Gooseneck installed then add the Companion 5th Wheel.

Click on this link and then click on the turnoverball truck and the companion truck. B&W Turnoverball & Companion 5th Wheel Hitch

BC

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Nancy,
There are a couple of places in Tidewater to get a B&W system installed. Portsmouth Trailer on Military Hwy in Chesapeake and as Pete already mentioned Chesapeake RV Solutions. While Portsmouth Trailer is a very reputable dealer and I'm sure would do a good job, I highly recommend RC Solutions. Not only do they install, they also take the time to show you exactly what you need to do each time you remove and reinstall the Companion hitch. Besides that, without speaking for Tim, I can almost guarantee you, you won't find anyone who will sell you the entire unit installed for less.

Thanks to every one for all the information that you have passed along. My husband and I have found this fourm very helpful. And we look forward to being part of this fourm for a long time.
Nancy

Duramax1

I am very happy with my 18k Reese Signature hitch. It breaks down into two components which makes for an easier installation and removal and the rails are underneath the truck bed.

fox575

I am ready to order a B & W Turnover and Companion. Is it a safe chioce for a smooth ride? Also, are the lube plates a good way to go?