This is the water tank fix and wiring cleaned up

Loco

Here are some pictures of 2007 cyclone repairs I made to the wiring and water tank vents. This is the way it should have been done the first time.I ran 1/2 marine hose from vent to vent with fittings and ran it up to the fill point vent. This way you will fill you tank all the way up with out losing any water. Also some pics of the wiring before and after I fixed the wiring the way it should be. I must note that I have been talking to the factory and they are trying to take care of these things so it will not be like this in the new units. We will see. They better or they will not be in business long! Like I said I love the rig over all. It just needs a little more time spent on the things under and behind the walls.

Attachments

• Wis trip 051.jpg
    Wis trip 051.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 459
  • Wis trip 052.jpg
    Wis trip 052.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 394
  • Wis trip 092.jpg
    Wis trip 092.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 377
  • Wis trip 095.jpg
    Wis trip 095.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 275
  • Wis trip 045.jpg
    Wis trip 045.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 322
  • Wis trip 046.jpg
    Wis trip 046.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 331
  • Wis trip 047.jpg
    Wis trip 047.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 280
  • Wis trip 048.jpg
    Wis trip 048.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 252
  • Wis trip 050.jpg
    Wis trip 050.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 275
  • Wis trip 090.jpg
    Wis trip 090.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 222
  • Wis trip 091.jpg
    Wis trip 091.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 238
  • Wis trip 096.jpg
    Wis trip 096.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 263
  • Wis trip 097.jpg
    Wis trip 097.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

bob hyder

Loco, Nice job. I like the way you did the vents. Much better idea than putting petcocks on all of the vent hoses. I never did understand why they have 4 vent hoses. Just a way to give us something to do. I haven't yet pulled my panel out from my pass thru, but I'm going to do it in the near future as in my fill neck is a little loose. So I'll have to see if I can clean up the wiring as nice as you did.

Also a quick question for you since you own a cyclone, does the heater vent in the bedroom area blow out very little air? When I first got my cyclone, you could hardly feel any heat coming out. Took it to the dealer for my list of things to do and that was one of them. They said they took it completelyapart, as in the ducting is in the frame of the body with just a tin cover over it. The dealer used expanding foam in the corners and then shaped it so the air would make smoother turns. I looked under the vanity in the bedroom and it has a round dryer vent type hose coming up to the register. From there it goes down to the heater runner in the body. I'm thinking of pulling off the cover in the pass thru and trying timk tent in the vent for the heater. Because the heat runner passes by the round hole and dead ends into the front part of the frame. Not much chance for it to turn and go up into the opening for the heater register in the bedroom. If you have low air flow in the bedroom, I'll let you know if this idea works.

Bob

nhunter

That looks awesome! Unfortunately I think you just motivated me to pull off my panels and do some tidying and vent hose repair.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have been reading posts about the need to work in these areas. Your pictures are a huge help , with fine fixes. Great job, mines not built yet hope you sent them your photos and mine looks like yours when fixed. Again, nice piece of work.

ChopperBill

Nice job Loco! I did the similar thing to mine. Good thing I was it there. I found the sani-flush hose was not connected! Could have been a disaster if I had used it before I found out! Going to pull the fuse panel out some day and work on that end of it. There is enough wire in there to build 2 Bighorns! The "vent connection" looks like a great idea. Water was coming out of one of mine before the tank was half full. Guess the coach wasn't perfectly level. But it seldom is when I get ready for a trip. Didn't matter I guess because the tank fell out of the brackets before it got full anyway! Its at the dealer now getting the "swelling belly bar". You are correct, these rigs are A+++ on the outside and in the living areas but someone needs to kick some butt on the underneath guys!
Guess I am going to have to scroll down to the Cyclone area more often! You have some great ideas!