Black water rinse

krehlert

Still kickin and screamin
When trying to rinse my black water tank the water will not go into the tank. I was told by my dealer that there is a one way check valve that might be installed backwards. I prefer not to take it back to them because they ruin more than they fix and I end up fixing myself. I can see that the lines come from the hose connection and up into the wall and back down to the tank but not sure how to acces this valve. Can you tell me how to get to this? 2009 Cyclone 3210... Thanks

trvlrerik

Are you trying to flush with city pressure or using your onboard pump? I had a similar situation and could not get the black tank to flush if I had water pressure under 40psi. After I got the flush to work the first time it now works with both lower pressure city water and the onboard pump, I just figured the back flow preventer had something stuck in it.

I hope this saves a trip to the dealership

krehlert

Got it figured out. I had to remove the wall panel where my control center is and found that the check valve was installed backwards. Little bit of replumbing and a trip to Home depot and it was fixed. Recommend anyone that likes to do their own repairs to buy a pair of crimping pliers for the poly line clamps. Sure made the repair seamless and professional looking.

porthole

Retired
So there is check valve in the black water rinse side? I guess mine is either not there or stuck open. Whenever I use the rinse it always seems as there is some residual back pressure in the line and I get fresh water spitting back when I remove the hose.

krehlert

So there is check valve in the black water rinse side? I guess mine is either not there or stuck open. Whenever I use the rinse it always seems as there is some residual back pressure in the line and I get fresh water spitting back when I remove the hose.

Do you know if the water is really doing anything and rinsing out your black tank? Mine was the same way with all the back pressure but because the check valve was wrong and the water was not going anywhere.

jbeletti

Duane,

The water you are getting is what is contained in the line from the input of the check valve (high-mounted) to the hose connection point. I added a hose-thread style check valve to the hose connection of the flush system. No more water coming back :) Got mine at a show from Rick at the RV Water Filter Store.

View attachment 6971

wdk450

I suggest you get a clear sewage outlet fitting so that you can SEE if the flusher is working, and see how long to keep flushing until the effluent is clear.

watchthebox

I had trouble with mine too flushing the black water tank for the first time after our maiden voyage in our 3010 last weekend. There seemed to be a lot of back pressure, and there was water leaking out from somewhere underneath the trailer a little behind the level of the connection box. I didn't look closely enough to see exactly where it was coming from. I figured the shore water source was just too high pressure, but maybe I have a problem with the check valve like you are describing. Some was definitely getting into the black tank though. How can one tell if the check valve is installed backwards?

Bobby A

The way to eliminate the back pressure and not get any spraying back at you when you disconnect is to removed the hose from the other end first before you disconnect from the sani-flush, or do what Jim B mentioned.