Insullation ?

Have new 2011 3250TS. The walls next to the refrigerator in the slide out are not insullated. The cold from the February air is felt on the wall. There is only 1/8" inch thick paneling between the inside and the outside temp. Is there a reason I should not insulate these areas?

Since nobody from the factory replied I insulated where I could reach. Not changing the heater setting the temp went up 5 degrees inside the camper. I could not reach the whole wall but 5 degrees is considerable.
Now my second question for the factory. Is no insulation at all standard in the slide or was it an oversight in the building process. I have had the new camper only 3 weeks now.
Watching for your reply.
thanks

DanDargay

DanDargay
I have the same unit that we purchased end of Oct 2009. You have me wondering about our unit. I thought the walls of the slide outs were made the same as the main walls. ie: laminated alum frame, block foam with fiberglass and paneling. Are you maybe talking about the wall that seperates the refer from the couch ?

Dan, it seams that the outside walls apear to be the same as you mention. Yes I am refering to the walls that are to the left and right of the refrigerator. If you pull one of the outside inspection panels off the wall to the right is next to the couch and to the left is cabinets and stove. These are the walls that have no insulation. The cold air that comes in and circulates from the two panels (upper +lower) causes alot of heat loss through the thin paneling. I had a small heater running on low keeping the inside temp around 40 but it is now at 45 without changing the thermostat. The lows at night have been constantly around 25. I am eventually going to see if there is a way to reach the complete wall and not just what is by the inspection panels. The area between the refrigerator and the wall has insulation. But the area that is between the back of the refrig and outside wall is not insullated on mine. I am at lunch and in a hurry if my spelling is bad.