Heading South

Rrloren

Looking to head down to Florida via N. Alabama this Wed. and was interested in knowing how I-95 is from Baltimore thru Richmond. Are the roads clear enough to pull a 5th wheel safely? Appreciate comments from anyone in the area. Thanks.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hi Richard,

I drove from Dumfries (30 miles south of DC to Richmond yesterday and the roads are all very clear. There are spots from around MM110 on in to Richmond where there are some pretty big potholes, mostly in the left lane, but some in the center. they were doing some mobile road repair yesterday, but don't know how much they got repaired. Just be careful and try to stay near the center lane, especially in the area I mentioned.

Gus

Rrloren

Thanks Gus, we want to get out of here for a while. I think once we get to the Va , NC border we should be OK.

mlburst1

Richard,

We live in Northern VA and use I-95 daily - the road is clear - just don't come through during rush hour :( ....

Mike

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Richard - in my previous post, it should have read, Potholes in the RIGHT lane. Sorry for the dyslexia mistake! Stay center as much as possible thru that area and you should be fine. If you take I-295 around Richmond, there are some potholes in all lanes thru a few streches, but it seems to be much improved over last year. Good luck on your trip and have fun! Honk when you go past MM 152 (Dumfries/Manassas Exit)!

GETnBYE

Can't help with the roads, but I will wave as you pass by North Alabama. What part of FL are you going to?
Nita