2011 Bighorn 3585RL Pix

Hamshog

Hey Jim, Mike, Coley,

We've been looking hard at the 3580RL for a couple weeks now. Don't know why I've missed the 3585RL?? It's the Bighorn Grand Canyon!!! I need pix of the inside of this coach. More the entertainment center than the other areas, because it seems to be the same as the 3185RL (ecept the bedroom) and the Grand Canyon. Could someone get some pix posted or emailed to me on the 3585RL, please??? No one has one of these in stock yet.

Regards, Hamshog

Hunter11

Hamshog, I would be interested in seeing those pictures if you get them. We really like this floor plan in the BC and Landmark lines.

Hamshog

Hey Hunter11,

Just got off the phone with Heartland. I should have some pix tomorrow. I'll try to post when I get them..

Regards, Hamshog

Hamshog

Got some pix of the entertainment center on a 3185RL. Brad(from Heartland) said it's the same in the 3585RL.

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

The TV is not on a swivel arm. This isn't good, so I'll see if it can be added by the factory. I'll post when I get and answer..

Regards, Hamshog

K

Kevin_Finn

We use a 40" TV in the 3185 and 3585 in the entertainment center.
By using the bigger TV we can not put a swink arm on at the factory.

adcruise

Kevin, are you saying that a swing arm cannot be used at all? Is this a structural issue or can an aftermarket be added without concerns about the security of the mount or the structure itself? If it is structural, why not make a small change to add the needed strength?

adcruise

Bighorn 3585rl TV

I have previously sent 2 emails to the factory asking this question, perhaps a member can help me. We are about to purchase a 2011 3585rl and are concerned about the TV as I have read due to its size the factory does not install a swing arm. My question is, can one be installed aftermarket or is the reason the factory does not install one due to structural issues? Is the slide not structurally sound enough to handle the weight of the 40 inch TV?

K

karykatz

When mounting the 40" TV, we build a false wall that is made of 1/2" plywood. This wall should handle an aftermarket swing mount arm.

Hope this helps.

jimtoo

Re: Bighorn 3585rl TV

Hi adcruise,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

There is a follow up post where you ask this question the first time... The factory answered it here.

Hope this gives you the answer your looking for.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

ssjt2000

The 40 in tvs are just to heavy for the swing arm. When you pull it out, ( because of the hinge system ) it would bow to much.

adcruise

Thanks for the reply. I would think the 1/2 plywood might be a little thin for that kind of weight, unless the mount can be run into the studs? Correct me if I'm off base here, my guess is the mount Heartland uses would not support the weight of the 40" rather than the structure not being strong enough, and Heartland doesn't want to contract or purchase a larger/stronger mount for the bigger TV for use in just the one model?

David

adcruise

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome and for pointing out the link to that thread. I couldn't find it, therefore I assumed it was never posted or replied to. New here, I'll catch on! Wanted to be sure we could put a swing arm on, and the answer is 1/2" plywood wall to attach it to... I would think the 1/2 plywood might be a little thin for that kind of weight, unless the mount can be run into the studs? Correct me if I'm off base here, my guess is the mount Heartland uses would not support the weight of the larger TV and rather than the structure not being strong enough, Heartland would rather not contract or purchase a larger/stronger mount for the bigger TV for use in just one or two models?

David

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

adcruise, why would you even want to install a swing arm? You can see the TV from any where you can sit in that rig.
I have had my TV out and it's not really that heavy. So if you do put a swing arm in you have to find a way to secure it during travel.
Swinging down the road would not be a good thing.
Post some pics if you do install one.

Peace
Dave