Finally Ready for the Road

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We picked up our 3400 on July 27th. It was no coincidence that it was my birthday. I suppose we had our share of problems but after all was said and done, I'm a happy camper.
The Air works fine as it is but I'll look into the tent or other improvements as time permits. We had issues with the A/V system. In the bedroom Antenna switch, the "cable" coax and the "2nd TV" coaxes were reversed. Once I found out that, I ended up with 2 bad connectors, a bad splitter and one bad connector in the wall plate for the main TV. They quit using the A/B switch and none of the male connections in the main TV compartment are marked. I used a continuity tester and a long piece of coax to find out what connector was for Satellite, TV etc.
One weird note. Why the heck would anyone put a center channel speaker way the heck over in the corner by the fridge? And the left front speaker above the TV? I'll be relocating speakers to get my voice sounds a bit closer to the TV. An easy enough job but that's just plain strange.
The fit and finish in and out are fine. No leaks on any water lines everything seems to slide as it should. The Euro Chairs are nice. The sofa sleeper is actually pretty comfortable. I've only pulled it about 60 miles so far so I have no feedback on tires or tire temperatures. It pulls great except for some front to rear surging. We have the Trail Air Pin and Air bags on the truck. I might need a bit more pin weight???
We'll be staying in Central Wisconsin for a few more weeks then start heading south. We do have a few trips planned locally so we'll keep an eye on things and report news good or bad.
One more thing to do very soon is put new brakes on the truck. When I was putting on the air rides I notice the inner rear rotors were pretty crappy looking on the outer 3/4". Only 2 years old and 10,000 miles on those rotors. Good Night All

jpmorgan37

Congratulations Ray;
I hope that we see you on the road along the way. Maybe Suzi and Brandy can have a romp and swim together.
Life is good,
John

HappyKayakers

Congrats Ray!
I did the same thing on my surround sound, switched the wiring so the voices all come out from the living room speakers and the audio effects are in the kitchen.