Are tank cables adjustable??

aatauses

We have 2010 BH--3670. Two of the pull cables for the tank dumps work just great---they pull easily and when shutting they go in easily and come to a stop when the valve is fully closed. My # 1 valve is different--it pulls hard and when shutting it appears??? the valve is shut but yet the handle is not completely pushed in like the other two---if I push it in more it fells springy (pushing back on the handle). Is it possible the cable needs to be adjusted? If so how? I did check to see the valve is completely closed and I have no leaks/drips when closed--just the "push back" from the cable/handle.
thanks
Currently volunteering for Everglades National Park for the rest of Feb,
al

TXBobcat

Fulltime
aatauses
I believe the answer is yes. But be careful before you make any adjustments. I had a Gray water work that way and the problem was the valve was very stickey and ended up breaking the cable housing away from the metal housing at the handle. I have a PDF giving the instructions for installing the gate and adjusting the cable. It is a 343KB file and will not upload. PM me your email and I will send it to you. Hope this will give you an idea of what you will need to do.

BC

raydurr

i have had the joy of replacing and/or lubricating my cables. i still periodically lubricate them with a motorcycle cable lube tool. i will make old/rusty cables perform like new. as to the springy feel it is intended to be there. if you ever get your hands on a new valterra cable you will notice a little plastic tab between the handle jam nut and the cable housing face. you will remove it AFTER cable install. you will then have the correct amount of cable slack. it is better to have too much cable for closing the gate valve than over time not enough. one more thing cable actuated valves can be troublesome and leaky. refer to the valterra catalog and you will notice an accesory TEE handle valve that goes on just before the drain hose connection. Tee handle valves work way better than cables imo

G

gar246

How does one get to the tank valves to replace cables if necessary or replace the valve? It looks like a large project to replace. The belly on my 3670rl is fully enclosed.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Here is a thread I started about replacing the Gray Water Gate Valve and cable. htneighbors also posted information about replacing or repairing the Black water valve.

Hope this helps

BC