Wheel chocks

currituck0209

I am looking for wheel chocks for my northtrail 28rls, wide track . If anyone knows where to purchase, please advise. Thank you.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I use the $4.00 yellow Walmart chocks. I have 4 chocks, 2 for in front of the front wheels and 2 for the rear of the rear wheels.

Jellystone

I do the same as Ray, i've got 4 of the plastic yellow chocks--bought them at my local camping supply store-very inexpensive but very useful.

robnmo

Guess I'm an el cheapo! I took a scrap piece of treated 6X6 and used the chain saw and cupped out both ends so it slides inbetween the rear and center tires, made 2 of them so I've got one for each side.

caissiel

I use 2 x 6 x 12 lumber for everything, including wheel plateform for leveling and safety supports when I work on the truck and trailer. I have a tub full of it. Usually cut me some when I get junk lumber. Been using then for 18 years. Tried 2 x 8 x 12, not as good they all split. I usualy lay some sideways to the wheels when I use then to level the trailer,

SilverRhino

I've used every one of the previous methods. Had situations where the plastic chocks slid and cracked. Finally I found a pair of RotoChoks on eBay....these are the only way to go. When installed they will not allow trailer to slide and they also help stabilize the coach when parked.

In my opinion....this is an add on that is worth every penny you spend!

They can be purchased at Genos Garage for around $65 a set....also they do show up every once in awhile on eBay for less money.

Delaine and Lindy

I went with the Roto/Choks and have use them on 4 different 5th wheels, had to order different plates. Roto/Choks will last longer that the 5th wheel. They are pricey but in this case you get what you pay for. GBY.....

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Unfortunately, the roto-choks won't work on the wide-trax North Trails. The axles are too far apart. I second (or was it 3d or 4th?) the plastic wheel chocks - at least four of them.

Delaine and Lindy

As posted above I'm using the Rubber Chocks from Tractor Supply, cost was $9.00 per chock and they work great and very durable. I also use them for the Freightliner, GBY.....

LookN4Ward

I made my wheel chocks. Google "redneck choks" and you will get several responses.
redneck_choks..JPG

If you have a 4X4 laying around and can round up a threaded rod and some nuts and washers your well on your way. Measure the closest distance between the tires and add an inch. Cut the 4X4's at 70 degree angles on each end making sure to keep the the previous mention distance. Drill holes through the center of each block. Connect the two blocks with the threaded rod and nuts.

Northern Virginia
I'm another one that uses 2x6 and 4x4 for all my blocking and chocking. Works pretty good.

chrispitude

The original poster is looking for a chocking solution for the Wide-Trax axles. My 21FBS is on order, so I don't have it yet. What are my fellow North Trailers doing when one side of the trailer must be driven up onto leveling blocks? Conventional chock blocks can't be used if each tire is up on its own "pyramid" of leveling blocks.

- Chris

Wharton

We just took some 4x4's and angled a little bit of one side, drilled a hole in them for a rope so we can pick up 2 at a time. Painted them bright yellow and put a reflector on the end. Easy solution.

wdk450

I use the Lynx leveller blocks for levelling, and just bought these screw type chocks ($17 each) for setting the wheels:
http://tweetys.com/wheel-stop---small.aspx

BTW I bought one of these yellow screw chocks at WalMart previously and found that they were too big for the spacing on my Bighorn wheels. I found on Tweety's that there are 2 sizes of these yellow chocks, the ones I listed are the SMALLER size.

goodtruck

I broke down and did the X-chock thing were costly but work very well,and can't forget that they are there.(trl will not move) hope this helps.