Hit coax with screw???

Nolefan

2009 3110DS - Did a dumb thing, I think...I put a tv mount on the wall in the bedroom. I put it to the left of (closest to the booster) and about the same level as the window above the dresser. I did not think, but now I do, that there was any wires in the outside wall. Now, I have no signal from my antenna to my tv's. Is there coax cable running in the outside wall in this general location?

Nolefan

Found out I didn't hit anything. The RV is wired wrong. Will make 2 hour trip to dealer when time permits. Anyone else run into issues with cable/satellite/antenna wiring? Cable was actually wired as satellite, antenna would not send signal to main tv, storage compartment had no signal except satellite, garage is ok.

jbeletti

Found out I didn't hit anything. The RV is wired wrong. Will make 2 hour trip to dealer when time permits. Anyone else run into issues with cable/satellite/antenna wiring? Cable was actually wired as satellite, antenna would not send signal to main tv, storage compartment had no signal except satellite, garage is ok.

I'm not making any excuse for why your system is not working - but I can give some general insight and guidance.

For what it's worth - the wiring in the RV, be it for antenna, cable or satellite is all the same wiring. What makes a jack a Satellite jack versus a Cable jack is only a function of what signal is sent down the wire to the jack.

Generally, the satellite cabling goes from the roof to the UDC. Then from the UDC to the livingroom and bedroom. Generally, the Cable input in the UDC goes directly to the Antenna wallplate that has the amplifier switch on it. Generally, the Antenna output goes directly to the Antenna wallplate that has the amplifier switch on it. From that Antenna Wallplate, an output is distributed to various Antenna/Cable jacks in the RV. In some cases, there may be a splitter in that distribution. And this is fine for antenna/cable signals.

I used the word "generally" a lot above. This is because I am not familiar with how Razor is wired for entertainment. I am drawing on how I have generally come to know our RVs being wired.

If you have an interest and skills to tackle the job, through the use of a toner/tracer ($19 delivered at Amazon.com), you could tone out the lines to determine their routing, then swap whatever needs to be.

If I had to guess, I'd say behind the UDC, on the back side of the Cable and Satellite wallplates, the wires got swapped. Something to consider versus a 2 hour each way trip to the dealer plus down-time.

Jim

View attachment 7069

jbeletti

I was able to obtain and post the Razor Coax Layout drawing to the Heartland Owners Manuals site. Here's the link. If it's of no help to you - take it with you to your dealer. Best of luck.

Jim

Nolefan

Thanks for the info. We got it figured out and have everything working except the satellite feed to the bedroom. The splitters were connected backwards and there were two bad crimp jobs. My electrical engineer brother was visiting for the weekend and was able to get most of it figured out. I may just live without a satellite signal to the bedroom, or run an entire new wire. Frustrating but I still like the RV.