Attention! Water does not run up hill!

ChopperBill

I know this as I live in Colorado and see it running down hill all the time. I have been over the Continental Divide many, many times. Folks in the Midwest should come out here and view this phenomenon. It is quite spectacular! (smart *** pun intended) :rolleyes:
After viewing Uncle Rog's up hill drain pictures it is quite a coincidence that I called my dealer to see if my BH was done so I could pick it up. Service manager said they have been working on it for about 3 days and should have it done in another day. While they were putting the fresh water tank back where it belongs they decided to look around to see if every thing else was kosher as long as they were in the depths of the campers bowls. Low and behold they found the drain pipes running up hill! The service techs, being from Colorado and knowing of this water phenomenon, are re-plumbing the BH so the holding tanks will drain as needed. They have 4X6 piece of channel iron waiting for installation to ward off any more "swelling belly" problems when the pluming is finished.
You folks that have a concern about your tanks draining may have your techs take the belly off and take a look see. My coach was made about a week or so before the "07's" came out so I did not escape the up hill drain trick. If not you may want to put extra anti-freeze down your drains if you live in a cold climate. If you live in an area that water does actually run up hill it may make no difference to you. ;)
Thank you! to MY dealer VALLEY CAMPER RV for going that extra mile to take care of me!

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Bill
I would like to add, most dumping station that we have here in the East are not level. In fact, over the number of years that I have been dumping (no jokes now) there are very few that are level. I figure this is not an issue since most of our coaches have very flat short tanks and the out of level condition aids with draining. The only thing you most do is to pull into the station on the slope so the tank is higher then the drain connection.

ChopperBill

Most stations that I have run into seem to be pretty level around here. I have a "Blue Boy" I use at times at home and make sure it is on the down hill side. That picture of the drain pipe that Uncle Rog shows just has no chance at all unless he was parked at one heck of an angle.

Midastouch

That kind of stuff makes a person want to call their dealer with a list of things to check, just in case .... before you leave the lot! :rolleyes: I'm still excited about the upcoming delivery though! ;)

Trap

Why don't you add a measured amount of water to each of the tanks and make sure it drains out. Say 2-3 gallons. Before your take it home:( . The dealer Service Techs will be much happier working on a clean tank:)

Trap

dieselengineer

Charter Member
nhunter
I also witness this event a numbers of years ago. Real nice place to visit, anyone if your in the area need to stop by.

Bill
Doesn't water go up when you use a soda straw in a glass of water?

ChopperBill

Doesn't water go up when you use a soda straw in a glass of water?[/QUOTE]

Sure does, but can reassure you no straw will be involved when I empty my tanks. :eek:

Uncle Rog

I am glad the pictures were a help, I have rescheduled my, HOPEFULLY, last warranty trip as I have pretty much been able to correct most of the minor stuff myself. However, when I do take her in I will insist that they pull the skin even though my tanks seem to drain fine. I am still curious to see if the fresh water tank leaks, or not.