Layout Change Question

kypilot

I am looking at several brands at this time and trying to make up my mind which one I want to purchase. I really like the floorplan of the 3550TSL but would prefer to have the master area match the one in the 3494QBS. Has anyone had any experience in working with Heartland on doing any layout changes? I have spoke to several other manufacturers and there are several that are very open to making some changes. Several of them were not even charging for the change as long as it was something they currently do in another layout.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
kypilot, I can't answer your question but if you don't get a reply from the factory, I can move this thread into the ask the factory section. I believe they monitor the prospective owners area as well so hopefully you'll see a reply soon.

jbeletti

ky,

I moved this thread here as the factory does not monitor the Prospective Owners forum in the General section. As you mention the 3550TSL which is a Big Country, I have moved your thread here to the BC Prospective Owners section.

Bryan Walczak will answer you from the factory next week.

Until you hear from Bryan, please consider replying here with more detail on what sort of changes you are considering.

Thanks,

Jim

B

bwwalczak

Thank you for your inquiry. The 3550TSL (loft) model has been very popular with many of our customers. In order for us to arrange the bathroom like the 3494QBS, the coach becomes 20" to 24" longer. This makes a substantial difference in the price (it goes way up). Since we had the second bathroom already in the 3550TSL, we opted for the shorter length (relatively), and the open bath concept.

Unfortunately, the bathroom change would not be possible in the 3550TSL at this time. We do have other models like the 35DSRL ElkRidge which offer this side aisle bathroom configuration. If you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to contact me via email: bryanw@heartlandrvs.com