Secondary seal/kitchen slide

anggirl

I'm new to forum and accidentally posted this question as a Blog (DUH!).....so, I'm trying for better results by posting here. I got a call from Heartland a few days ago telling me that we may have purchased a 3450TS that's missing a secondary seal in the kitchen slide and we would be receiving a notification by mail in a few days. Caught off guard and busy at the time, I didn't ask any questions. We've notice that the slide doesn't sit flush w/the wall on the entertainment center end, but no leaks and plan to bring this to the attention of dealership the first time we take it in. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has gotten this call and would appreciate any info you might pass along. Thanks!

Clymer

I'm new to forum and accidentally posted this question as a Blog (DUH!).....so, I'm trying for better results by posting here. I got a call from Heartland a few days ago telling me that we may have purchased a 3450TS that's missing a secondary seal in the kitchen slide and we would be receiving a notification by mail in a few days. Caught off guard and busy at the time, I didn't ask any questions. We've notice that the slide doesn't sit flush w/the wall on the entertainment center end, but no leaks and plan to bring this to the attention of dealership the first time we take it in. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has gotten this call and would appreciate any info you might pass along. Thanks!

We received the same call on our 2011 Big Country 3500 and also received a email with a photo of what the seal should look like...our unit just came home from the dealer with extensive warranty work on the rear slides...now the kitchen. We will have to wait till the 4ft snow drift melts to get it back to the dealer for this fix.

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
The seal is a secondary seal, it acts as a barrier to stop the water from entering the unit. We made initial phone calls to all retail customers that had one of the units that is missing the seal. You will be recieving a letter shortly explaining the entire situation. This will not correct a slide out that is out of adjustment, that may take a completely seperate repair to correct.

anggirl

Update: We did get letter in the mail..sure enough, ours is one missing the secondary seal...looks like an easy fix though..no worries so far....

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We received the same call on our 2011 Big Country 3500 and also received a email with a photo of what the seal should look like...our unit just came home from the dealer with extensive warranty work on the rear slides...now the kitchen. We will have to wait till the 4ft snow drift melts to get it back to the dealer for this fix.

Would be nice to see the photo if possible! Now I am worried about our new 3450TS especially since we live in the great northwet where it rains 325 days a year! :eek: Does Heartland have the VIN's available of those units affected?

Many thanks...hope all goes well!

ATLJOHN

I have 2011 Bighorn 3670 and also received this letter regarding the missing the second wiper seal on the Kitchen slide. When I called Heartland I was missing this seal they shipped it to my home in 2 days. I called the local BH dealer they installed in about 1 hour.