Can Slide Outs stay extended?

hhorst

We purchased a 2008 3075RL Big Country in Oct Last year. We are going to park it permantly and was wondering how long can you leave the slide outs out without the seals going bad. Our previous TT was a Coachman( I know I know, it was our first and we learned), and the seals rotted after a couple of months and we had water damage. So after we fixed it we kept bringing them in every time we left.

Thanks for any help

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I don't have an answer for you, but thought I'd reply to get the thread up the ladder a bit in hopes the full-timers or seasonal site users would notice it and get you their opinions.

2010augusta

We leave our out all the time unless we are towing it and that only happens every three months or so. When we were in TX, I would lube all the seals with spray silicone and/or 303 every month. over a year now and no leaks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This past summer was our first with our BH. We had it on a seasonal site from early May to late September with the slides left out whether we were there or not. About mid-season, I sprayed the exterior seals with silicone (both sides) and what I could hit on the inner seals. No drying out, cracking or leaks observed. Something to check is that the exterrior seals are fully flexed out when the slides are extended, especially on top of the slide. I used an awning rod to slip behind the seals and pull them out. And at the end of the season, the slides and toppers retracted without a problem.

John T Bettencourt

I have an 09 LM and I leave the slides out from April to October. I had custom made toppers made for each slide that snap over the top. Have done this for two seasons without any problem.