How tall is a 2011 3850??

shriver63

Just wondering how tall the 3850 is with the 2nd a/c option? Can't find it here anywhere. Wanna measure doors before it gets here

jimtoo

Hi Shriver63,

The specs list height as 13' 2", and if you install the low profile A/C, I don't think there will be any increase in height. Regardless, I would not try to go under anything less than 13'6". Also keep in mind if you have a building and the approach is up or down hill this would effect the clearance if the approach change is close to the door.

Mike Aplin

Since all of the triple slide floor plans have a straight roof line, it shouldn't make any difference in the overall height of the unit if you have one A/C or install the 2nd A/C. Thanks, Mike

I'm not sure if they are any taller than my 09 but I had to install low profile A/C on both front and rear to fit into my 13' storage. I was about 2-3" to tall with the standard ones.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Here is my 2 cents ... Always measure you own coach as there can be slight differences such as the settling of suspensions, tire pressure etc. A 1 inch difference can be the difference between clearing and not, damage and no damage. I would opt to be on the safe side. MHO

smday

Here is my 2 cents ... Always measure you own coach as there can be slight differences such as the settling of suspensions, tire pressure etc. A 1 inch difference can be the difference between clearing and not, damage and no damage. I would opt to be on the safe side. MHO

I'll Have to agree with you Jim. Better safe the sorry.

shriver63

Thanks guys...if you read my last sentence you might understand where I was coming from. "Wanna measure doors before it gets here" ...it was still being built. Kinda hard to go out in the driveway and measure.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thanks guys...if you read my last sentence you might understand where I was coming from. "Wanna measure doors before it gets here" ...it was still being built. Kinda hard to go out in the driveway and measure.

All I was trying to say was they can tell you what the unit's height is at the factory but the true one is only found out by you as the unit will settle some with age and loading. Just remember you only know what it is when you check. I do understand where you were coming from.

RollingHome

I had the same concerns you do... I asked my dealer to have his mechanic go out and measure with a ruler and plumb bob... They had never done this before it was kinda neat for them... It was also a bit of a challenge... so when they got done they were very accurate. I ended going with a "Low Profile" Ac unit ( that gave me more BTU of cooling ... great!). I had to extend my toy barn out 10 feet and all is well. So my suggestion/s is Hit your dealer up via email ( = paper trail ) n order ur unit !