A little dark & electrical outlets

anggirl

Just bought 2011 BC 3450TS and find it a little dark in the kitchen/living area. I think a skylight would be nice either over kitchen peninsula or midway between kitchen and living area. Also, the electrical outlets mounted on bed frame should be brown instead of white. The white color sticks out and looks like the comforter tag is hanging out....a small detail easily fixed.

CFieguth

Re: a little dark - I have the same problem with our 3012RE. I would like to install a skylight, preferably at the rear of the trailer. I don't know if this is possible, would it weaken the roof too much? I have an automatic satellite finder mounted on the rooftop approximately over the kitchen area, so I can't install one there. Somewhere between the rooftop AC and the rear of the trailer is about the only place I could have it installed. Even an ordinary vent would work for us to make it brighter. If someone with experience in this area will hopefully respond with some
constructive ideas that would be awesome.

CFieguth

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I agree...we just took delivery a week ago and I really didn't notice when shopping how dark it is inside this unit! Not sure how I will deal with
it :( Would LED's in the overhead lights be any brighter?

CFieguth

I have tried the LED lights and do not like them. They are too directional. If the fixtures had a better reflective material which would reflect the light downward, it would help!

The light is too white as well. The idea is good, less heat and last longer; I think we have to leave it to the manufacturers of the light bases to come up with something that works.

So far I have not received any advice on whether it is feasible to cut a hole in the roof to install a skylight or a vent. My concerns are that the structural integrity of the roof would be compromised which would cause other problems, perhaps?

CFieguth
Currently in Willcox, Az and off to Yuma tomorrow

lwmcguir

Fluorescent fixtures where you need the light is the best way to go. 30 watt if you really want to light it up. Wouldn't be without them in a camper. Had them for over 20 years in the coaches and never a problem and they last.

Dee_Jay

Hi, we too have the same problem. Its way too dark in the 3450TS - (2011) I am looking at having a skylight put in or perhaps one of the tube type ones? Anyone have any ideas on this? I know the rubber roof is warrantied for 12 yrs. How would that affect the warranty and is it likely to cause problems. We are investigating this now as I cant burn lights all day as well when we are in there. There wiuld be no power left, we run solar panels. Would love to find someone that has done this and see what they think about it. It really needs something. Anyone?

wdk450

I don't know if this is relevant, but have you ever peeked in the back of a UPS delivery truck? They have a translucent fiberglass (?) center roof panel that really lights up the interior.

GOTTOYS

Hi, we too have the same problem. Its way too dark in the 3450TS - (2011) I am looking at having a skylight put in or perhaps one of the tube type ones? Anyone have any ideas on this? I know the rubber roof is warrantied for 12 yrs. How would that affect the warranty and is it likely to cause problems. We are investigating this now as I cant burn lights all day as well when we are in there. There wiuld be no power left, we run solar panels. Would love to find someone that has done this and see what they think about it. It really needs something. Anyone?
A common misconception is that the entire roof has a 12 year warranty. Only the fabric on the roof is under that warranty. It will not cover labor or additional materials and even then is probably pro-rated. Bottom line: 12 year roof warranty isn't worth much...If you want to cut a hole in the roof don't let the worthless "roof warranty" stop you...Don

The lighting in the 3650rl is what sold us with 5 or 6 other things with the BC. My only gripe with the lighting is that all of the lighting is 12V except for the light in the ceiling fan.

Not sure of the differences between our coaches, but this rig has the best lighting over the last 3 we have owned.

ChangingPlaces

We have installed Leds all the way through our rig, a 2950RK. We find them really good, where you want extra light we installed Cool white bulbs and warm white bulbs for the remaining. We are going to go Full Time next year so the power saving feature of Leds would be benefical. We have the rear kitchen model and is quite dark sometimes. There is a Fantastic fan installed with a cover that doesn''t let light in at all. We are in the process of finding out whether we can get a cover that lets light in.
Cheers Paul