Adding an LCD wall mount in garage?

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Dear Heartland, I am looking to add an additional LCD in the garage area for my boys. Question: where can I attach the LCD swivel mount? Can you provide the framing diagram of where the studs are located please. I am planning on adding a 26" LCD or 30" if the stud can support the weight.

Thanks.

jimtoo

Hi cycloner3950,

I don't think the factory will provide a diagram of the framework. But if you get a stud finder, it will give you the locations of the wall studs.

Jim M

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Thanks Jim, I thought of that option, I already have a Zircon stud finder but did not think it would pick up the aluminum studs?

No harm in requesting, i am sure Heartland can share at least the general measurement from a point of reference. i just don't want to drill and miss. That would equate to a very upset wife.

Regards,
Brad

porthole

Retired
What year trailer? Don't you already have the cabinet in the garage?
I was told when I went to the factory last year that even if you didn't order the garage TV option that there was still blocking inside the wall for a TV mount.

D30_6033..JPG

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I have a TV mount hanging from the loft overhang. Works fine. It's on the ODS near the little fold-up table.

Mike Aplin

The backer for mounting an LCD TV on a 3950 is located by the 110V outlet and the TV hookup in the garage on the off door side ceiling of the loft. If you tap that area, you will find the backer. If you would like any exact measurements, please contact our customer service and they will be able to provide you with the exact dimensions. Take care, Mike

Mike Aplin

The location of the backer on the 3950 TV mount in the garage is actually pretty easy to find. From the factory we have provided a backer over by the TV hookup and 110V outlet on the off door side loft bed. If you tap that area, you will feel/hear where the backer plate is for your mount. If you have any questions, you can call customer service. Take care, Mike

There's not MANY studs in the walls.... On a frosty morning the studs show up in the sunshine... take a picture, lots of pictures for future reference...

Mike Aplin

It depends on the floor plan, but you should already have a designated ent. center in the garage or there is a backer in the top of the lofts in the 395RW and the 3950 Cyclone. You can contact customer service and they should be able to get you in the right direction or you. Take care, Mike

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My Zircon will not find al studs :-(

I haven't tried using my Zircon, but is your's the one with the metal stud setting or the basic version? Supposedly mine will find metal studs, but I'm not sure if that's only steel ones.