Maryland RV Show

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
The Maryland RV Show is this and next weekend at the state fairgroungs in Timonium,MD
Leo's RV Center will have Heartland units there. I spoke to Bill Foster and he said they will
have a 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon at the show. Ann and I are going on friday the 19th.
Hope to see some HOC members there.

Mike

mjatwalker

The dates for show are Feb.19,20,21 and next weekend Feb.26,27,28.
We went yesterday it was a nice show.

Lot's of Heartland units there a very nice Landmark Grand Canyon.
The HL's are to the right when you walk in.

mjatwalker

Mostly campgrounds, some non-related rv stuff, the rv vendors had nice displays.
Custom Coach is there with lots of rv accessories.

truknutt

Committed Member
Hey all,

I hit the show last night. There is a nice Heartland representation this year; all are in the Cow Palace building being shown by Leo's Vacation Center out of Gambrills, MD.

On display are a:

Sundance XLT 265RK
Sundance 3300RLB
ElkRidge 35QSQB
Big Country 3450TS (Full Paint & wo Tone cabinetry)
Big Horn 3670RL
Landmark Grand Canyon (Full Paint & Level-Up-could be Jim B's trailer clone)
Road Warrior 385
Cyclone 3950

Other than the Heartland's (of course) there were 2 SOB's that cought my attention. The Keystone Montana 3750FL (Front Lounge) & a Forest River Rockwood Roo Hybrid that comes with its own rear deck complete with railings and outdoor grille. It used composite decking, rear steps and the vinyl railiings. It didn't have a model number and I can't find it on their website. It was just a different rig that grabbed my eye.

The show runs today and then next Saturday & Sunday for those interested. Accessory vendors were pretty limited.

Last edited:

bill40

Our first 5th wheel had a front livingroom made for a nice set up. Most mfg got away from them for a good while and now they are starting to show up again. It was nice even with out a slide out.

truknutt

Committed Member
Our first 5th wheel had a front livingroom made for a nice set up. Most mfg got away from them for a good while and now they are starting to show up again. It was nice even with out a slide out.

Bill,

I like the way it is zoned off. Living/entertainment area is to the front, kitchen/eating area is next, then bathroom, lastly master suite. Seperate entry to either the bedroom/bathroom is neat. Keeps from having to track all the way through to the bath while hanging outside under the awning. Also the living area can be made into a 2nd sleeping area so now there are 2 seperate entrances to the 2 sleeping areas (just like on the Cyclone!).

Dave

porthole

Retired
I wouldn't want that floor plan, if someone is using the "facilities" then you are trapped in the bedroom.

bill40

Bill,

I like the way it is zoned off. Living/entertainment area is to the front, kitchen/eating area is next, then bathroom, lastly master suite. Seperate entry to either the bedroom/bathroom is neat. Keeps from having to track all the way through to the bath while hanging outside under the awning. Also the living area can be made into a 2nd sleeping area so now there are 2 seperate entrances to the 2 sleeping areas (just like on the Cyclone!).

Dave
Our old one had a seperate bed entrance but only one bath, was a large center bath. I can see what Duane is saying on this one. I didn't notice that when we saw it at Beckelys. We pass there we go donw to see the kids and they have a good parts area ( just nhave too stop and look). That deck unit sounds interisting.

truknutt

Committed Member
I wouldn't want that floor plan, if someone is using the "facilities" then you are trapped in the bedroom.

The "live" version had another door so when you came in the rear entry you either went to the bedroom or the bath. Now if you happened to be in the bedroom and someone snuck in the bath to make it their own then you'd have to go out the door and walk around; yeah that would be a pain. Guess as a 2 person family I tend to forget about others infringing on the turf!