New floorplan 3670?

jgilbert

Has anyone seen the Bighorn 3670 yet? I've seen the floorplan on the Heartland site and it sure looks good.

There is a new RV dealer building a dealership in Mesquite, and they happen to deal in Landmarks and Bighorns among others. They are not open yet and have no trailers, but I want to see the 3670 in person.

Joe

sharmulst

We saw the 3670 when we were at the Heartland rally in June. The group was given a tour of the Bighorn and Landmark factories. I thought the 3670 was a very nice one. It seemed to be very roomy with lots of storage. If we were to get another one that is the one I would choose. We have a BH 3500 RL with the center island and are very happy with it.
Steve and Sharon

Midastouch

interested in that new dealership ...

Joe,

I am interested in the possibility of a dealership closer to me and Mesquite sounds like it would be it! I'd like to be kept posted on their progress ... may have to visit them sometime in the future. I won't be purchasing anywhere local ... leaving here on the 2nd of September to take delivery of my 07 Grand Canyon. RV's for Less in Knoxville ... got the word the other day that the driver will be picking it up sometime next week from the factory! Can't wait! :D

alf1944

I am taking delivery of a Big Horn 3670 this coming Friday (Aug 25,2006). I am really excited about it. I bought it from ExploreUsa Rv in Denton, Texas. The only thing I am worried about is my 2005 Duramax dually heating up as I keep reading they seem to be having a problem.. But I am looking forward to the 5er.

2:D 005 Chev LWB Dually

jgilbert

alf1944 said:
I am taking delivery of a Big Horn 3670 this coming Friday (Aug 25,2006). I am really excited about it. I bought it from ExploreUsa Rv in Denton, Texas. The only thing I am worried about is my 2005 Duramax dually heating up as I keep reading they seem to be having a problem.. But I am looking forward to the 5er.

2:D 005 Chev LWB Dually

Actually it IS an ExploreUSA RV store that is opening. I'll go by there tomorrow and see how it is going on the construction.

Joe

jgilbert

Midastouch said:
Joe,

I am interested in the possibility of a dealership closer to me and Mesquite sounds like it would be it! I'd like to be kept posted on their progress ... may have to visit them sometime in the future. I won't be purchasing anywhere local ... leaving here on the 2nd of September to take delivery of my 07 Grand Canyon. RV's for Less in Knoxville ... got the word the other day that the driver will be picking it up sometime next week from the factory! Can't wait! :D

If we decide to pull the trigger on this Bighorn 3670 unit, it seems that RV's for less has it for the best price. I know price isn't everything, but if I can save several thousand dollars on the cost of a new unit, I don't mind driving 1200 miles to do it. I'll give the new dealer in Mesquite a chance to match 'em before doing anything though.

Joe

jgilbert

sharmulst said:
We saw the 3670 when we were at the Heartland rally in June. The group was given a tour of the Bighorn and Landmark factories. I thought the 3670 was a very nice one. It seemed to be very roomy with lots of storage. If we were to get another one that is the one I would choose. We have a BH 3500 RL with the center island and are very happy with it.
Steve and Sharon

The wife took one look at the kitchen in the 3670 and it was love at first sight!!

There is an RV show in mid september in Ft. Worth, but I have never seen Landmarks or Bighorns there. The same goes for the Dallas show later in September. We go to both shows every year and have never seen Landmarks or Bighorns at either. If we had, we probably would not have our present Open Road.

Joe

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I just saw a production model 3670 this weekend at my dealer in Springfield Ohio. My wife and I saw the Prototype at the Rally and were very impressed. I was quite happy to finally see the production model so quickly at my dealer. Anyway, I am still impressed with the layout and even joked with my wife about trading in our 3500RL for this new 3670. She laughed a little and proceeded to tell me that we are very happy with our and do no need to trade in "again".

Cheryl

There is an RV show in mid september in Ft. Worth, but I have never seen Landmarks or Bighorns there. The same goes for the Dallas show later in September. We go to both shows every year and have never seen Landmarks or Bighorns at either.
There haven't been any at the Pittsburgh RV Show yet, either. We have no intention of trading ours (I still think it has the most beautiful interior I have ever seen). It's just a fun day out to see what's new.

Midastouch

Joe ...

Not trying to steer you away from the "locals" but I initially went to Denton to look at the units in person ... found out about the dealer in Knoxville and they priced exactly what I wanted. The dealer in Denton could/would not match the price and the salesman at the time told me that he didn't blame me for driving to TN .... so ...... that was my experience! I am looking forward to the trip and the vacation in the mountains ... icing on the cake, so to speak!

jgilbert

Midastouch said:
Joe ...

Not trying to steer you away from the "locals" but I initially went to Denton to look at the units in person ... found out about the dealer in Knoxville and they priced exactly what I wanted. The dealer in Denton could/would not match the price and the salesman at the time told me that he didn't blame me for driving to TN .... so ...... that was my experience! I am looking forward to the trip and the vacation in the mountains ... icing on the cake, so to speak!

I'm not saying that I won't purchase from the locals, but I also went to the dealer in Denton to see about a BigHorn. At the time we were interested in the 3655. Not only would they not come off "sticker", but they also were lowballing us bigtime on our present Open Road.

Now, I know we are going to have to put some money in on the deal to get out of our Open Road. I know that going in and that is fine. But to tell me that they needed something like $18,000 cash and me also pay full price for their BigHorn? I don't think so!!

Since the new Mesquite dealer is a franchise of the same dealer as is in Denton, I don't hold out much hope for making a deal with them. But, maybe they will get a 3670 in so we can see one in person.

Sounds like we definitely need to go to Knoxville!!

Joe

BTW, I went by the dealer to check on construction today. They were getting ready to finish the front "porch" portion of the building today. The rest is done on the outside. Totally nothing done on the inside. No parking lot lights yet. I don't look for it to open before November or so.

Joe

alf1944

Denton dealer

Well I didn't have a trade but I was satisfied with what I payed for my 3670. I may have got screwed I don't know.:D

jpmorgan37

jgilbert;

Joe, I shopped at Texas dealers and I bought from RV's for Less. Then I took my previous coach to PPL Motorhomes in Houston and put it on their lot (consignment). They sold it for more than I expected and it cost me 10%. I have nothing but good words for both outfits.
John

jgilbert

Hmmm............that consignment thing sounds intriguing. The downside would be if the 5ver didn't sell by the time the new one arrived at RV's for Less. I would not be able to afford two rv payments.

Joe

Midastouch

Joe,

Now that you've heard what Texas will do ... call Karen and Butch at RV's for Less and you may be able to do a deal on your Open Roads ... who knows! I had a toyhauler that I had to sell and sold it to the first couple that looked at it, a few weeks ago, after advertising in the local "American Classifieds". We all were happy campers after that transaction!

Trust me on this one ... without having to tell you about our experience in Denton (the salesman was friendly, but thought their units were GOLD) when I finally called Knoxville, I was actually shocked at the difference and been dealing with them ever since. Call Butch and tell him what you want he'll quote you a unit price and each option seperately. They will special order what you want and not try to sell what they have on their lot to get rid of it.

Side note: We have a local furniture store here and their slogan is: We don't mark um up, just to mark um down and call it a sale! :D :D :D

arisce

We also saw the 3670 at the factory and was impressed with it. That's the one i would change for too, Mark but seeing as we have just gotten our BH back from the dealer, we are anxious to take it out and use it now. The problem here in Quebec is that we no longer have a dealership near us as our dealer and Heartland have parted ways (no surprise to us). However we have a large RV show here in March so we hope to see a 3670 there. Any news on interior colors? can you give me an idea of what they are as that may be the deciding factor for me.Thanks. See you at next year's rally, Mark.