Columbia SC RV show

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We went to the Columbia show yesterday. While the overall show was ok, what was impressive was the amount of Heartlands there from two different dealers. Hearland trailers must have been 20% of the show.

Alot of North Trails and Sundances. We did get to see an MPG. Pretty cool.

If I rememember, about a half a dozen BCs, a few BHs, and even a couple of Cyclones. Several Edges, as a matter of fact I think every line from HL except a Landmark.

The biggest surprise was a very good local dealer for SOB was there with a new lineup of trailers. I was looking for the particular brand he used to carry but he had none. He said this maunfacturer had priced themselves so far out of the market he couldn't sell them any more. I guess the surprise was that I think the price point was about the same as the Landmarks and maybe a few of the biggest BHs.

It is interesting that he felt it wasn't worth carrying that price point trailer and yet HL continues to grow in that area.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Good points Larry. I noticed at Richmond last weekend that even the Montana's weren't drawing the crowds and comments the Big Horn and new style Big Country were. I overheard some great comments in the Big Country 3450TS. Most people really liked the new multi-tone cabinetry and the exterior gel coat coloring.

SouthernNights

I have to agree with you Gus. There were several Montanas, but most people seem to be around the HL products.

They did have the big BC there in gray, I told Sam we would get better milage if we bought it because it would match the color of my truck. The air would slip by the rig better that way.

I still own a white BC...:(

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Michelle and I went to the Columbia show today. We both thought it was better than last years show. Has anyone dealt with Brown's RV? We are thinking of trading in the Cyclone for a ElkRidge with a bunkhouse.

Dale and Michelle Heuer
2009 3210 Cyclone

SouthernNights

Never dealt with Browns but they sure had a huge presence there. Their prices seem to be competitive with the other HL dealer there.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I have to agree with you Gus. There were several Montanas, but most people seem to be around the HL products.

They did have the big BC there in gray, I told Sam we would get better milage if we bought it because it would match the color of my truck. The air would slip by the rig better that way.

I still own a white BC...:(

Nice try Larry, but Sam is smarter than that...

I talked to Browns when we were shopping. The guy I talked to was nice but they were off on the price and he finally followed up on the deal over almost two months after the first contact which was a month after we bought our big horn from Rvs for Less. They are wonderful to deal with.