Fireplace glass removal---how

aatauses

Hi everyone,
We have a BH 2010---3670 which has a fireplace. We would like to remove the front glass for cleaning. I read the manual and it states to pull the front trim pieces off and then remove the retaining clip. I can see the clip, but am very concerned about how to remove the "wood" trim pieces without them breaking. Has anyone completed this task and can you help me out?
thanks
al

Dragoon

On ours you remove the 4 screws that are behind the wood plugs. You can then remove the wood frame. This gives you access to everything else covered in the manual. Not hard to do. Hope this helps...

Bobby A

Hi everyone,
We have a BH 2010---3670 which has a fireplace. We would like to remove the front glass for cleaning. I read the manual and it states to pull the front trim pieces off and then remove the retaining clip. I can see the clip, but am very concerned about how to remove the "wood" trim pieces without them breaking. Has anyone completed this task and can you help me out?
thanks
al

I also have a 2010 BH, and I just did this a couple weeks back to clean the glass and dust that has collected back there. I used a plastic pan scraper to gently pry the wood trim piece around the fireplace After removing the wood trim you can now see the clip to unscrew to remove the glass and clean. If you want to remove the f/p just unscrew the 2 screws on both sides of the fireplace in the front and the whole f/p will come out easily. It was a little dusty back there so I used the vacuum to clean the dust, my sub woofer is also located behind the f/p.I think the 2011 have a different design so you don't have to remove the wood trim to remove the glass.

Last edited: