2900mk

Rrloren

Is there a trick on storage of the two swivel chairs prior to travel? So far I have torn two holes in the driver side chair due to rubbing against the trim on the leading edge of the slideout. I turn the chairs sideways and strap them but still they rub against the offdoor slide . I'm going to try shifting them towards the passenger side to see if this helps.
I'm replacing both chairs with Laz-z-boys , Anderson models and don't want to damage them.

jbeletti

I have La-Z-Boy chairs. they have recline handles on the right side. These handles will rub the back wall of the RV when they are stored there sideways for travel. I took a pair of thick, long black socks and doubled them over and just slip one over each handle. I continue to turn the chairs sideways so that the handles covered with the socks are up against the wall. Works great. The slide fascia just barely touches the padded arms of the chairs when they go in and out and the chairs have never moved during travel. Stuff carried on the chair seats HAVE moved during travel and have gotten pinched in the slide fascia when run out. Oops!

Jim

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We butt ours up back to back Richard and haven't had the problem you describe. With them strapped down we have a coule of inches clearance between them and the fascias. Perhaps a blanket or throw drapped over the edge that is hitting the fascias would help. We do that with the dining table where it is right up against the counter when the big slide is in.

sunriverman

Is there a specific model La-Z--Boy chair that seems to fit best, or did you just look at dimensinos? Thank you for your help. The stock chairs are embarassing when friends use them.

jbeletti

We measured the width of our Heartland supplied recliners, then made sure what we bought was no wider. We wanted the Recline Away feature that allows the chair to be within a couple inches of the wall an still fully recline. They are also much lighter in weight. We gave up the rocker/swivel feature to get the Recline-Away feature.

Jim

Rrloren

I also measured the distance between the wall and the slides fascia. In my case it's 33". Laz-z-Boy has a couple models that are 33 or under.
Gus. you must have more than 33" between the wall and fascia if you clear easily , because I put the chairs right up against the wall amd still the fascia rubs against the armrest as it moves in or out. I do put them back to back and strap them.
When we leave camp this AM I'm going to try moving chairs close to the passenger side wall. It may be that I'll have to tilt the new chairs a bit on the wall to clear.

jbeletti

I measured my clearance from the back wall to the edge of the slide fascia in my 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon on both sides - it's 32.5" I measured the width of my Lazy Boy chairs from the edge of the handle to the arm of the opposite side - it's 33". That said, I suppose my slide fascia just slightly rubs on the arms. These chairs are now on their second RV. Holding up well.

Jim

PS: I found my delivery invoice for my chairs in case anyone has an interest in knowing what they are:
--------------Description/Reference----------------------VSN----------COST---ORDER DATE
CHAISE RECLINA-WAY (LAZB080118A-027-001) 015512 D925336 $679.99 15-Mar-2008

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I also measured the distance between the wall and the slides fascia. In my case it's 33". Laz-z-Boy has a couple models that are 33 or under.
Gus. you must have more than 33" between the wall and fascia if you clear easily , because I put the chairs right up against the wall amd still the fascia rubs against the armrest as it moves in or out. I do put them back to back and strap them.
When we leave camp this AM I'm going to try moving chairs close to the passenger side wall. It may be that I'll have to tilt the new chairs a bit on the wall to clear.

You're correct Richard - they do rub somewhat when I move the slide in and out, and then have the clearance after the fascia passes. I didn't make that clear in my first post. We've tried facing them in different direction and it didn't seem to help. If there was a way to strap them in semi-tilted towarded the front that might work, but I fear they would move at the frist big pothole (we currently have an over abundance of those here in Norhtern Virginia).

Rrloren

I positioned the chairs as I described above and it seemed to be better. The Off Door slide doesn't have an opportunity to scrape the side of the chair very much. Just watch the Kitchen side slide as it moves. I'm going to try this for a while and when the new chairs arrive hopefully they will work in this new position as well.