What do you think?

jpajax

Here are some photos of the mod I am thinking about doing to bedroom door in my BH 3410. The door that is originally there is very nice but it opens into the hall and the hall is not all that big. By putting a bifold door up, were they open back into bedroom so they go against the outside wall gives more room in the hall. So what do you think?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I love it. What a nice job and it looks like the rig came that way.

jpajax

Thanks I believe that I will go ahead and hang it have come up with a way so I don't have to put holes in the celling so if I get tired of it or if DW has different view about it latter on I can go back without being noticed. Will be at Heatland rally in Ten. look forward to putting a face with some of helpful people on this site.

loafer

yes looking forward to seeing that Mod in person And also meeting the great folks on this site.
Keep up the cool mods
regards
Bill

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes - we will also be at the HL International rally but also going to the Eastern Region rally in April. Since you are in NC, are ya'll planning on coming to the Outer Banks? Hope so in that I would love to see the updates in person.

jpajax

Sorry DW is instructor at community college finals that week can't get away but will be at rally at willow tree campground in SC.

jpajax

Well here is the finished product fix it were that if doesn't suit DW or trade can put org. door back up. The last one is the doors on the washer dryer closet. Matches fairly well.

jgoddardg

Jim, how about a few details on how you attached it with maybe a closeup of where it attaches to the wall? I'm looking to add one to my Bighorn 3670 and would appreciate any info that might help me. Thanks.

jpajax

If you have a door all ready there as I did it not hard hear are some photos hope it helps. Use two coroner braces about 1"x2" one on each side attached it too the top of header rail with pop rivets attach to the wall with wood screws. Didn't put any screws in top into celling had too put spacer on top of rail to make the door hang square or plum. Made molding and glued it to metal rail to hide open space at top.