15k a/c electrical demand

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
I just purchased a 21fbs with the carrier 15k a/c unit and I can't get a definative answer from the dealer as to how many watts/amps are required to start and run the unit. It is important to know when buying a generator. I don't mind buying something a little more than needed, but certainly don't want to buy something that won't do the job. When buying Honda or Yamaha generators, there is a substantial difference in prices from one wattage model to the next, I don't want to make any mistakes. Any help would be appreciated.

M

Mcreech

I have been told by owners that a 3500 does the job.....This is only what i have been told.......Mike C

RhettM

Hello, I have been looking at several generators lately, I would like to have one soon. Ive been looking at Kipor6000, Boily 3600 and recently the Ramsond 3500. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with any of these. The features that I like about the sine generators is the db rating and unit weight. I only am wanting to power a 15000 btu roof top air unit and a flat screen tv.

Riverman

We packed a Honda 2000 with our last unit. We could not run the AC on hot days....even when we turned everything else off. Get a Honda 3000....you wont be dissapointed

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Thanks all... Bit the bullet and bought two of the Honda 2000s (the second one was the companion model). A little more $ than I wanted to spend, but piece of mind with the quality, warranty and quietness.