Bathroom towel bar

aclwbaker

We just took delivery of our new 2010 Eagle Ridge 29RK. One thing we overlooked when shopping was there is not a towel bar in the bathroom or TP holder. As anyone found a spot to attach one? Don't like the idea of throwing towels over shower wall.

Alvin & Linda Baker

CRLYHDS

I can't help you with placement for the rack but maybe I can help you find yours. Our Elkridge towel rack was not mounted but placed in the cabinet in the bedroom.

LilGTO71

We just took delivery of our 2011 Sundance 3300QS and went to Camping World. They had a Toilet Paper Stand. It works great.

B

bwwalczak

The toilet paper holders come standard with each model, however we do not install them here at the factory. Everyone has different "needs" when placing the TP holder on the wall. We ship it in the medicine cabinet over the sink. Same with the towel holder.

Hello All,
I did not use the toilet paper holders that came with my 2009 Big Country 3490 RB. They were chrome and all the hardware in the coach is oil-rubbed bronze. I found some great towel bars and toilet paper holders at Lowes and they match perfectly. As for the towel holders...We have a shower organizer that we bought from Bed, Bath and & Beyond and when installed on the left side of the shower enclosure, there are two hooks on the outside of the shower for our towels. That works for us. The shower organizer is chrome, but works. We had it in our old RV and just moved it with us.

Good luck to all, and I installed the toilet paper holder on the 12" angled wall between the two sliding pocket doors. About 24 inches up.

aclwbaker

Thanks to All,
I think we will look for the shower orgianzer with the towel hooks to outside of shower. Didn't see a lot of solid wall where we were looking to attach towel bar. Then off to camping word for a TP stand. Thanks again, forums are a new deal for us.

jimtoo

Hi Alvin and Linda,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing the share and help if needed.

I'm sure you will enjoy your new Eagle Ridge. You might check Lowes or Home Depot for a TP holder. The have several different ones that are free standing.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

2010augusta

Here is what we did for the TP holder, It has been really handy for us. I just used liquid nail to glue the mount on to the door.
DSCN0213..JPGDSCN0214..JPG

The_Toads

I mounted a piece of 1" x 4" on the back wall of the toilet. There are 2 studs there that you can anchor the board to. Before mounting the board, I stained it with Cherry to match the other wood work and hide the screw holes with wood nubbins. Then I mounted the towel rack to the board and all is secure and looks great.
I can send a picture if anyone is interested.
Dean Garzot
The_Toads.

Stinger381

My 3300RLB Sundance came with the hardware in the medicine cabinet but it didn't come with screws or anchors so I haven't installed any of it because I'm not sure what size anchors to use or where to place them. I'm just setting the TP next to the toilet right now but I'm thinking about what to get for that. I'm not worried about a towel holder right now because the 3300 came with a hook on the cabinet in the bedroom where I keep my towels anyway. I think a couple of over the door hooks might be the easiest option for additional towels.

lorax

How thick are the walls? My curtin rods are held by 1.5" screws. Souldn't they work throughout the trailer? As long as you miss the plumbing.

Ted

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
We use an over-the-door towel holder that has three bars and two hanging hooks. For T.P. we use a toilet brush and holder that is shaped like a can and put the T.P. on the handle. We purchased both at Wal-Mart.

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
We also have a 3 teer over the door towel rack. When traveling we put it on the bed works out real well. We have a tray inside the undersink cabinet and keep the TP there. A holder came with RV but couldn't find a sutable place for it.. Work for us..
Larry and Donna Keever and Buddy
Oklahoma City, Ok.
2010 Ford F-350 FX4 Lariet 6.4 Diesel
2011 BigHorn 3585 RL
Life Member Good Sams

twohappycampers

We also have a 3 teer over the door towel rack. When traveling we put it on the bed works out real well. We have a tray inside the undersink cabinet and keep the TP there. A holder came with RV but couldn't find a sutable place for it.. Work for us..
Larry and Donna Keever and Buddy
Oklahoma City, Ok.
2010 Ford F-350 FX4 Lariet 6.4 Diesel
2011 BigHorn 3585 RL
Life Member Good Sams

We also decided to try just having the toilet paper in the cabinet underneath the bathroom sink. We were kinda stuck with the idea of "having to find a place to mount a toilet paper holder". We started thinking outside the box, and find that it works very well in the cabinet. Easily within arm's reach, out of sight, you can keep a few extra rolls right there on the shelf so you never run out if you keep it stocked, and there's no changing of the roll on one of those little springie rollers that tend to sproing out on you. And no fighting over who didn't change the roll when it runs out. And no fighting over which way it unrolls - over the top or from behind. So many good reasons :D

Did the same thing with the paper towels in the kitchen. Again, couldn't find a good place to mount a holder and didn't want one sitting on the counter. So, started off with just sliding it into the open shelf above the microwave until we decided what to do. Then I found I liked it there, and there it will stay.

Aren't I an unconventional soul??!! :D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We use a free-standing TP holder and a separate TP canister (holds 3 rolls within easy reach). Extra rolls are in the cabinet above the toilet. We also have a 3-tier towel rack we hang over the shower door, along with another towel bar under the cabinet above the toilet and a towel ring at the lavatory sink.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got a free standing tp holder and like Johns it holds 3 rolls I just lay it down when we get ready to go. The towel holder we got at the same place it hangs over the bathroom door and we just leave it there during travel. it works well for us...

JJOren

Hi Alvin and Linda:

Before the Landmark we had an Elkridge. We used hollow wall anchors to mount our towel bars and TP holder. We found a 'special' anchor at Home Depot. They are made by Crown Bolt and are fantastic for paneled walls. Be sure and get the 6-32 size. You can mount anything on paneling with these things and it isn't going to pull out!

Good Luck!

Sandie

The toilet paper holders come standard with each model, however we do not install them here at the factory. Everyone has different "needs" when placing the TP holder on the wall. We ship it in the medicine cabinet over the sink. Same with the towel holder.
We did not get any toilet paper holder with ours...:confused: