gm regen

buckeyebob

i have a 2007 new style silverado,cc d/a.i have read the book and it talks about regen to clean the particulate exhaust filter.i have not seen this happen ,or read a message on the dic.several times i smelled a burning smell ,but only have 19000 miles after 2.5 years.what should i look for and how will i know when regen is happening?according to the book its about once a tankful.thanks buckeyebob.

Northern Virginia
The regen occurs about once a tankful. There is no DIC message or any other notification. The only way you can tell that it's occurring is occasionally you'll smell it and if you monitor you instant fuel mileage on the DIC, you'll see it drop way down during regen. It works pretty well.

John

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Here is a short thread from another forum that gives several examples of how often it occurs. Mine is like most, about every tank.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357079

It will give you a message in form of poor fuel mileage if you catch it while it is happening. The manual says that the DIC will give you a message to clean it if you dont hit the requirements while normal driving, i.e. lots of very short, slow trips. If you happen to shut your truck off in the middle of the burn, it will just begin again after you start it and hit the target speed.
For the driver, it really is a non-event.

buckeyebob

thanks for the info!i smelled something burning once,asked service attendant at dealer and he said "huh,i deont know what that could be!~!!!" now i know.buckeyebob

DMitch

Does the 2007 have a DPF system? I thought that the 2007's were the LBZ motor, if it is there is no re-gen.

Northern Virginia
The LMM's are 2007.5 and newer. The LBZ's are 2006 thru 2007.5. The DPF is on the LMM and soon (2011) the LML. The LML will also use DEF.

Wow-that's a lot of ABC's :)