Deposit on 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon

atlal

I just paid the deposit on a 2011 LM Grand Canyon. The dealer is so busy, he can't do the PDI and deliver until the last week of Mar. My TV is a 2008 Silverado 2500HD D/A, SB, CC. The dealer will install Firestone Ride-rite air bags w/compressor, a B&W Companion hitch, and a Blue-Ox bedsaver when I pick-up the LM.

I actually bought more camper than I had originally planned, but my eyes got the best of me. It sure is pretty. After I get the LM paid-for (PF), then I'll look into replacing the TV which is currently PF. Can't afford payments on both. The Landmark will be my primary residence as soon I get it.

jimtoo

Hi atlal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great a bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help if needed.

When you do your PDI be sure you take plenty of time. Check everything out down to the last little detail and operation of everything. Just make sure everything works to your satisfaction before delivery and then try to stay in it at dealers lot or really close so he can fix anything you find before you take it home.

You have purchased a top of the line unit, so you want it to look and work like one.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Northern Virginia
I just paid the deposit on a 2011 LM Grand Canyon. The dealer is so busy, he can't do the PDI and deliver until the last week of Mar. My TV is a 2008 Silverado 2500HD D/A, SB, CC. The dealer will install Firestone Ride-rite air bags w/compressor, a B&W Companion hitch, and a Blue-Ox bedsaver when I pick-up the LM.

I actually bought more camper than I had originally planned, but my eyes got the best of me. It sure is pretty. After I get the LM paid-for (PF), then I'll look into replacing the TV which is currently PF. Can't afford payments on both. The Landmark will be my primary residence as soon I get it.

I have almost the exact same combination. I am very happy with it and I bet you find it really works well also (with the exception that the fuel tank is too small). BTW, I am having a brain freeze, what is SB in your description? (2008 Silverado 2500HD D/A, SB, CC.)

John

atlal

I'm still trying to figure out all of the abbreviations, so I hope SB means "short bed".

I'm concerned about the range. I've thought about installing a larger tank, but I'll make do with the small tank for now.

Northern Virginia
Short bed. OK. I knew I was having a brain freeze :)
My range towing on the interstate is about 217 miles. That leaves about 4 gallons in the tank. Cutting it close. The fuel light comes on with about 5.5 gallons remaining. I always get nervous when the light comes on while towing.

Two summers ago we left our home in Northern Va. en route to Kiptopeke, Va. My fuel light came on in bumper to bumper traffic just prior to crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. As if crossing a 17 mile long bridge with two tunnels isn't stressful enough, I had to do it with the fuel light on and a baby crying in the back seat the entire way. Good thing my wife didn't know the fuel light was on:eek: