surround sound

Is the surround sound always on in the living room? Can it be turned on/off? Also can't seem to turn on in the bedroom. Is it just the radio/dvd player? 2010 3600 Big Horn. Just need general operating inst. Thanks

ralphpam

We have the Samsung Home Theater that came with our 2010 rig. When playing anything with it, three of the living room speakers will work and both bedroom speakers work. There are two switches in the bedroom to turn those speakers off or on, but no way that we know to turn off the living room ones. Ours has a funny little quirk however - one speaker in the bedroom will stop working as well as one or more in the living room and when that happens we have to turn the volume up quickly to LOUD and back to normal and they work again for an undetermined amount of time!

aatauses

We have a 2010 BH and the speakers over the tv (3) seem to work , but we have never been able to get anything out of the speakers over the couch area. The bedroom ones seem to work ok---if you hear more, let us know ---thanks
al

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With our Samsung receiver and Jensen TV, we only get surround sound with the radio, DVD, or CD playing. The television will not give surround sound. Attempts to make it do so result in poor quality sound. With only two speakers in the bedroom, you will not get surround sound, only L/R stereo (of sorts). As mentioned, there is no switch to turn off the living room speakers and leave the bedroom on. If you can figure out where the bedroom speakers are spliced into the system, you might be able to install a switch that cuts out the living room and leaves the bedroom on.

wdk450

I would say that the symptom you quote here is might be a defective speaker, or a problem with the amplifier. If you can, reverse the left and right speaker outputs on the back of the stereo. If the problem moves to other speakers, it is in the amplifier - if the problem doesn't move, the problem is in the speakers.

We have the Samsung Home Theater that came with our 2010 rig. When playing anything with it, three of the living room speakers will work and both bedroom speakers work. There are two switches in the bedroom to turn those speakers off or on, but no way that we know to turn off the living room ones. Ours has a funny little quirk however - one speaker in the bedroom will stop working as well as one or more in the living room and when that happens we have to turn the volume up quickly to LOUD and back to normal and they work again for an undetermined amount of time!

Charlie Harris

John, I thought that the surround would not work on the TV also, but I was wrong. A young fellow from the stereo store came and had me up and going correctly in about 15 minutes. Seems that the rc plugs , red, whit, blue,,were in the wrong places. He then hooked up my Direct TV sat box and all will play on the surround speakers. I do have to change the dvd/amp to aux to make this happen. I read the books till I was blue in the face and had tried a number of times but could not figure it out. He also unplugged the yellow one from the sat box. I wish I could tell you better but cant, my head will start hurting again!!! but it can be done.

Charlie Harris

With our Samsung receiver and Jensen TV, we only get surround sound with the radio, DVD, or CD playing. The television will not give surround sound. Attempts to make it do so result in poor quality sound. With only two speakers in the bedroom, you will not get surround sound, only L/R stereo (of sorts). As mentioned, there is no switch to turn off the living room speakers and leave the bedroom on. If you can figure out where the bedroom speakers are spliced into the system, you might be able to install a switch that cuts out the living room and leaves the bedroom on.

Okay, I called the little techi just now,,,he says,, you have a red and white audio output on tv,,,and red and white audio input on DVD/Receiver,,,leave the yellow unplugged, cut the volume down on the tv and use the amplifier volume...I have the three plug rc type and left the yellow unplugged. DVD/Reciver should be set to Aux mode. Hope this Helps!!

JohnDar

BTDT. It sounds and looks like an English-dubbed Godzilla movie. With what there is to watch on the TV channels we can get while camping during the summer, it's no loss, anyways. But I can blow the walls off the trailer running a DVD movie, though.

We have Samsung system the manuals are well a pain to decipher had problems at first guess what defective receiver it was not me after all ---all is well now our problem was not able to get dvd door open then it would go into protect mode.

JohnDar

The Samsung unit is also very picky on which MP3 players it will accept via the USB port. RCA isn't one of them. We'll see if my newer Sansa will work.

rick_debbie_gallant

I ran a digital optical from the tv to the amp. works great. have you used the mike to adjust your sound volumes yet That may help get the things going over the couch.

ChopperBill

I have the Sharp TV and the Samsung player and just like Rick I had to run a digital optical cable and change the player to work off that port in order for the TV to play through the surround sound. Problem with the Samsung there isnt many choices of INPUTS so you have to us the optical cable.

aatauses

Does anyone had a diagram on how things should be wired? I tried to decipher from the owners manual, but still confused.
thanks
al

musicman

What is a digital optical cable? I am having the same issue....no sound from television over surround sound......

ChopperBill

What is a digital optical cable? I am having the same issue....no sound from television over surround sound......

You can find them in Wal-Mart. They are a clear cable with small square ends that plugs in. They emit a red optical light that transfers the sound. Your audio components should designate where to plug them in.

jbeletti

Here ya go.

Fiber_optic_illuminated.jpg

Attachments

• Fiber_optic_illu&#109.jpg
    Fiber_optic_illu&#109.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 7

musicman

Do you have to use a optical cable or can you use the red/white RCA cables that you find with most sound components?

skyguy

If you use the red/white RCA cables, you wil get two channels only: left, and right.

If you use the digital optical cable, you will get everything the TV station you are currently receiving broadcasts. Some channels will broadcast in surround sound, and the digital cable will allow the receiver to play the surround sound. The red/white will only give stereo (left right) sound.

sdagro

Can someone who has a Sharp TV and the Samsung Receiver post a pic of how these optical cables hook up. I ---and I'm sure other electronically challenged individuals would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Steve A. Dagro