Took the Plunge and Ordered a 3055

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Well my wife and I were going to wait until later in the season to order but talked to sales today and they suggested we get the order in before the mad rush starts. We couldn't negotiate much on the price but got a reasonble offer on our trade. Will talk about negotiation in another existing thread.

Looking forward to our new unit and springtime as that will likely be the first chance we get to use it.

Our plan would be to attend the Ralley this Spring as well..../Doug

jbeletti

Doug (and Lynne?),

Congratulations on placing your order. What was the "mad rush" of sales based on? I wonder if it's the uptick after the dealer show iin Louisville in the fall?

That would be great to have you guys at the spring rally. More Canadians! And from yet another province I think.

Jim

nhunter

Congratulations, sure hope you like the new unit. Am kind of curious where you ordered from?

ChopperBill

Congratulations! Tell those dealers to send some "mad rush" over to this area. The dealers here are claiming the worst year ever!

DougLynne

Jim, it was Louisville that they said generates a lot of factory activity and that we should get in before that happened, not sure if that is correct but we had decided to buy this year anyway so we did. Hopefully we can get a couple of early runs in before the rallt.

nhunter, we did go to Field of Dreams, I slept reasonble last night so guess it was the right decision, pricing still bugs me a bit though. We did add a lot of options, mor-ryde hitch, vac, Dual pane windows, Gel-coat, slide awnings, Fantastic fan in the bedroom, so brought price up a fair bit.

Hopefully service will not be an issue and the bugs are few..../Doug

DougLynne

Well, we pick up our 3055 on Tuesday. We plan to give it a good looking over and then get out for a couple days for a shackdown. Weather is getting pretty cool with some nights freezing so won't get much time in now before spring. We are hoping that any problems that arise will then be fixed over the winter. Would have been nice to get more time in but thems that hazards living in a cooler climate. Season is a little shorter.

We have booked for the rally so hopefully we can get some early spring outings in before we head on a longer journey..../Doug

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Congrats on your 3055 you will really enjoy the floor plan , we love ours. We have the same options except we have the Trailair pinbox and no fan in bedroom. We were undecided about the second air conditioner and will eventually add one. If the creek doesn't rise we will see you at the Rally. Happy camping in style.:)
Ken

Trap

Good luck with your new toy, hope all works out well. Were sure you'll enjoy it.

Trap

DougLynne

Well, we did the PDI and found a few things but must say we were really pleased. The fender shirt on the door side slide had several ripples and small dents. The awning has a small tear in the upper lefthand corner by the stitching. For some reason the factory didn't install the central vac., it was listed on the order sheet. The dealer is looking into all these and we should get them all fixed over the winter.

One thing I thought was really odd was the lousy Owner's Manual that comes with the unit. It is so brief and isn't much for referencing. Some of the diagrams are for the Landmark and the Bighorn is a little different, ie. the fresh water drain system. Discovered how this SORT of works by accident. Had to fool around trying to figure out how to get the Satelite hooked up behind the TV.

After 3 days and nights didn't find much else to report. As mentioned we are super happy so far, the workmanship seems excellant, perhaps the Q/A has really tightened up.

Now we can't wait for spring..../Doug

Last edited: