Factory Tour

olcoon

The wife couldn't wait until the dealer got delivery of our new Elk Ridge, so today we toured the factory, and observed the birth of her new "baby"! Very interesting tour, those people really hustle! I've toured the Ford plant in the past, and this was nothing like the Ford tour! Everything is done by hand, we were pretty impressed with everything. The folks @ Heartland were friendly, and treated us pretty good. Even when we were in our trailer looking around & getting in their way.

Attachments

• 100_0551..jpg
    100_0551..jpg
    664.9 KB · Views: 78

Northern Virginia
That's awesome. I wish I could have do that to mine. I am sure that is something you'll never forget.

John

ihsolutions

I've taken the factory tour twice (once for Sundance/Elkridge, and once for Bighorn/Landmark which we just ordered). I'm doing the same thing, going to the factory at the time it gets off the line.

I have a question. How much time do they give you to review your unit for cosmetic or other blemishes? It seems like they move the coaches down the line pretty quickly, maybe once every 30 minutes or so if I had to guess? And in that final station, there are like 6 people inside the coach addressing all the red tape issues.

For me, it's a 3 hour drive down there and having already done the tour once, I'm hoping it's worthwhile to go down for this, especially since I'll have to return to Elkhart a few days later to take delivery from a local dealer there.

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
That is absolutely awesome! We had often talked that it would be great to do that too. We've put the 2011 Rally on our calendar in big hopes to get there then!
Congratulations!!!!

olcoon

I have a question. How much time do they give you to review your unit for cosmetic or other blemishes? It seems like they move the coaches down the line pretty quickly, maybe once every 30 minutes or so if I had to guess? And in that final station, there are like 6 people inside the coach addressing all the red tape issues.

We were there to take the tour, and see ours on the line being built, not taking delivery. They let us check out the outside, basement, etc. Plus go inside and look around. I felt kind of bad because we were getting in their way & slowing them down, but they were pretty good about it. Working around us, and even getting into a discussion, they were great! When we were inside there were about 4 people in there working their tails off. We drove over 1,000 round trip to do this, must have more than a few brain cells not working! We really enjoyed the tour & getting to see our 5r being built. Now we can't wait to get it! Did check out the area south of Elkhart a little bit yesterday. There is a lot to do in the area espceially if you like the Amish shops, resturants, etc. Also seems to be a good amount of antique shops & flea markets around also. I doubt if the rally in 2011 will be boring!

Last edited:

olcoon

Forgot to mention that while in Elkhart, we stopped by Martin Marketing to see what they had to offer. If you stop by there you should probably call before hand, and place your order. They don't really have much in stock. They told us that if we were going to be in town for a while they could probably make up what we wanted, but we were leaving early the next morning. Also, the lady we talked to in there told us that jbeletti was a really nice guy.