Lippert DOES Care

Dragoon

Hi everybody,

Thanks to LarryHeadhunter's post, I was able to contact Lippert, about our springs and motor on our jacks. We have a 2008 BH 3400RL with 6k axles. Weight well within tolerances. Lippert had already replaced our front jack motor when the unit was 10 months old to us. About 10 months later, the new motor went bad just like the first one (hopefully this is not a pattern). The new motor ran better than the old one ever did, at first, then went bad again. Lippert sent a tech to us from Phoenix (we were in Lake Havasu City) to see if something else was the cause. He said the motor was bad. While there, I had him inspect the springs, he said the rear ones were flat and all would need to be replaced. He contacted the factory to see what they wanted to do. In the mean time we had moved to Ft. Mohave. Factory approved new motor and new springs. The tech made another trip to us, this time in Ft. Mohave and replaced the motor and springs, no charge to us.

We are pleased with Lippert's concern and willingness to work with us. We remain optimistic that our problems are solved. This may not be the case, but cannot fault Lippert for trying to resolve the problem to our satisfaction. The tech (Julio) was professional and caring.

Were the original specs by Heartland working with Lippert the problem, was there a break down in the steel manufacturing, I don't know. The fact remains, Lippert is/was willing to stand up when we needed them. I've seen a lot of negative concerning this on this forum. Just wanted to tell the other side of the story. Maybe all those with problems need to contact Lippert as was suggest in another thread. It worked for us. Attached is a picture sample of the before and after on one of our wheels.

Good luck to all and safe travels...

Attachments

• HPIM1512..JPG
    HPIM1512..JPG
    601.2 KB · Views: 236
  • HPIM1520..jpg
    HPIM1520..jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 222

larneal

Well I'm glad to hear some people have a good experience with Lippert but, sorry to say, I'm not one of them. I had to replace the landing gear motor about the time the warranty expired. I called Lippert and they said they would pay for the part but not the labor. Fair enough, for after all the part was out of warranty by 2 weeks. After a month of waiting for the check I called back and was given a Tech's voice mail. I left the message and my number but he never returned my call. After two more calls with negative results I called again and asked for a supervisor. This time I got to talk to someone who said the check would be sent right out. That was over a month ago and I'm still waiting. You know, it's not that much and it certainly won't break me but it sure puts a bad taste in my mouth as far as Lippert is concerned.

Larry Neal
2009 3385 Big Horn

ihsolutions

I, too, had a good Lippert experience this past June/July. They came to my house to fix the junky axle that broke. They replaced the axle, shackles, shocks, and springs.

Of the parts that they replaced, only the axle is still OK. My unit is at the dealer now for shock replacement (among other things), and the springs seem to be flattening with each successive trip. I guess when you replace broken junk with new junk, it eventually will repeat the cycle.

Note also that these are upgraded axles from standard spec on my Bighorn (I have the 8k axles).

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Jeff,
It's quite apparent that Lippert products are inconsistent both in quality and reliability. As a very sage person once said to me, why go to the butt when you can get action from the head. My advice to all with Lippert issues is to contact the VP of Warranty, Andrew VonSchoink, respectfully, calmly and clearly explain your problem and proposed solution and document all your interactions. I believe you will have a fair chance of success. If you are rude and confrontive expect negative results.

steelguy

I've worked for a steel company who sold some sheet steel products to lippert. While I worked there we could never sell them on a consistent basis because they would not buy anything unless it was secondary at a cheap price or prime steel at a cheap price so 95% of the time they wanted secondary steel (defective in some way, wavy, rusty, off thickness etc.) The comments about their inconsistency of products does not surprise me knowing what type of steel they used to buy when I worked at that company.