Color change for Big Country

Gizzy

Been on this forum for a long time now. Finally got all our ducks lined up to purchase a BC 3250 when they did the major change to the BC line.

Most changes were positive, however when they went to the black/white color scheme in the kitchen area and the black dining table/chairs we had to complete rule it out.

Is it possible to order a BC with the natural wood finish like the rest of the coach?

jimtoo

HI Gizzy,

Welcome back to the Heartland Owners forum... you been gone a while since your last post.
I am moving your question to Ask The Factory.. maybe you can get a good answer there.

Jim M

B

bwwalczak

To answer your question, YES you can order a Big Country without the mocha glazed (cream colored) cabinets. The coach will be 100% in glazed cherry. This is a more traditional look.

You will not find units in stock on dealers lots with this all cherry option. This is a newer option.

Big Country is still the best value on the market, best constructed (laminated roof and floor), and best look. We don't want potential buyers to make the mistake of buying another brand other than Big Country. Please feel free to contact me for more info: bryanw@heartlandrvs.com.

anggirl

I know everyone has their own taste, but I couldn't resist throwing my 2 cents in. The mocha glazed cabinets and black dining table were two of the things that swayed us toward the BC3450 we purchased in Jan. By far, the most tasteful and updated interior we saw in our price range. Oh, and we love the vessel sink in the bathroom and the new gray exterior color, too. Beautiful!

rvn4fun

We agree with anggirl, in fact that was the reason we bought the Big Country over the Bighorn, love those colors outside and inside.

B

bwwalczak

There is a small charge to change the cabinets to all cherry, NO CHARGE to change the table and chairs to cherry instead of black.

We aim to please as many as possible!!!

Clymer

Everyone has different tastes for sure. We fell in love with the new Big Country because of the color changes in the interior. It makes the RV feel more like a home because not everything "matches". I think the color breaks give the new Big Country a real warm and cozy feeling, when I'm in the kitchen it really feels like being in a real tuscan kitchen. We just had a bunch of friends and neighbors over for a party in our "snowed in" 3500RL and everyone thought it was the best yet of any of our RV's and this is our 5th! That being said I'm glad you can order it with what options make you happy with the rig.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
The new color scheme was a deciding factor for us too! Looks awesome in our 3450TS. I actually wanted a smaller floor plan but once DW saw that kitchen it was a done deal. ;) I do wish the dining table was truly freestanding and not screwed down to the floor though.

Just wanted to voice my agreement with Grizzy. My wife and I don't like the two-tone look in the 2010/2011 BC at all. We were luck enough to find a new 2009 3250TS with everything we wanted, with the "old style" natural wood cabinets, so we bought it. Now we're just waiting for some dry weather on weekends and time off from work so we can enjoy it!

jimtoo

Just wanted to voice my agreement with Grizzy. My wife and I don't like the two-tone look in the 2010/2011 BC at all. We were luck enough to find a new 2009 3250TS with everything we wanted, with the "old style" natural wood cabinets, so we bought it. Now we're just waiting for some dry weather on weekends and time off from work so we can enjoy it!

Hi iraallen01,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help if needed.

I do agree with you on the natural wood finish for the cabinets. Enjoy your new toy and go camping.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

bacaye

You are not alone with the color change. We are looking at the 2011 BC and they told us we can order it with all the cherry color scheme. They can change the table..at least that is what we were told but our dealer may be doing that too.

Elder1

Ok just had to add to this post. We love our 3250ts with one exception, the bathroom sink or lack there of (grin). We miss the standard style but the rest of the unit is just GREAT.

skh

Just my two cents worth here but we considered the BC as they have a floorplan similiar to the Grand Canyon and my husband really likes the grey exterior. When I saw the 2011 two tone decor I was pretty unsure until we got in one, then was surprised that we liked it. However, even though the literature floorplans show the desk like the Landmark Grand Canyon it is not available, rather it is the setup with the little pullout desktop. This and the many features of the Landmark pkg. swayed us that way. My point is I think it's great that Heartland gives you the option to go with either decor, but don't write off the two tone until you actually get in it.

B

bwwalczak

Please don't let the vessel sink hold you back from owning the fine Big Country product. We build the vessel sink standard to provide more counter top space, however some don't like this. We CAN install a regular porcelain sink in place of the vessel bowl sink on a special order. Just let your local dealer know this is what you are looking for.

At Big Country, we AIM to PLEASE!!

bacaye

We have our new Big Country 3450TS home now. The color difference grows on you. When we first started looking at the 2011 we were going to order everything with the Cherry look. I am glad we did not but at the same time I am worried about scratches on the mocha. Not sure how you would cover that up if something happened. Everyone that has come to see it loves the look. I am the only one that is still holding out out on the black table. I do not think it is the color problem as much as I do not think it compares to the set we had in the 2010 Big Country. I actually think our 2010 had a table that was built better than the design they are using now. I am going to wait and see on this one but hoping everything will work out.