SD Generator Prep question

argyll1st

Hi All, i have been reading these posts and it has made me ask myself a question, I have just bought a new 2010 Sundance 3300RLB, and although it has 50amp power, I never thought to ask if it comes pre wired for a geni & batterys ? do any of you guys have one of these ? I have been looking online for ages at buying an RV, all the adverts for used RVs had batterys or genirators but now I think about the Rv I have just bought I dont remeber any mention of 12v ?

jbeletti

Generator Prep is an option on some of Heartland's products. Not sure about the Sundance. If it is an option on Sundance, you will only have it if the dealer ordered it that way.

Sundance does not include a battery from Heartland. Your dealer will supply this. They usually supply a single 12 volt flooded cell deep cycle battery.

Nearly all the electrical items in your RV (lighting, furnace, water pump, vent fans, electric front jacks, electric rear stabilizers, TV antenna amplifier etc.) are 12 volts DC powered. When you are not connected to shore power at a campground, these items are powered by the house battery in your RV. When you are plugged into shore power, the converter in your RV will supply the DC power for these items and will provide a charging circuit for your battery. This is all automatic and other than inclusion of the battery - all standard.

There are a few items in your Sundance that are soley powered by 110 volts AC power. A few of these are:
- Water heater when used in AC power mode versus LP gas
- Refrigerator when used in Auto mode versus LP gas
- Air Conditioner(s)
- Track lighting (if so equipped)
- Fireplace (if so equipped)
- Tank heating pads (if so equipped)
- Clothes washer/dryer (if so equipped)
- Microwave oven

Jim

argyll1st

Thanks Jim, sorry for posting in the wrong place, I thought I had lost it until a snooped around and found it, I bought the RV sight unseen and on the heartlands site it says 55amp inverter but no mention of a bettery tray or geni prep at all, I have a little Honda suitcase model EU20i that does 12v & 240v ( UK model ) I suppose I could use it on 12v just to keep the batterys up.